“Texans on Vacay”
Review of Mariposa Ice Cream

Mariposa Ice Cream
Ranked #28 of 165 Dessert in San Diego
Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

We needed one last taste of California before ending our family vacation. I was looking for a unique place and close to San Diego Airport. This is by far the best ice cream I have ever tasted. The store is very small, but the friendliness of the staff and the taste of the ice cream is huge! We had the Mexican vanilla, Mexican chocolate and the peanut butter fudge, all were very good and smooth. They are reasonably priced, $3.00 for 1 scoop, which I find to be a great deal for something homemade. Take a chance away from the well known chains and I promise you won't be disappointed. They are closed on Mon & Tues, Wed-Sat they do not open until 1pm and 2pm on Sun, so plan your visit accordingly.

Reviewed 19 May 2016

This place is the bees knees. They hand make the ice cream and it is delicious. No matte the flavor, it is always rich and fantastic. Anytime I'm in San Diego, I stop here. The owners are friendly and its so great.

Reviewed 19 May 2016

This ice cream is creamy, fresh tasting, friendly service!! Awesome deliciousness! I mixed a chocolate with a cherry flavored ice cream with hot fudge and it was super scrumptious!! There are many flavors and a quaint little place in Kensington. We sat outside and watched the world go by in ice cream bliss. Stop in and enjoy!

Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

We stopped in to meet a friend here while on a family trip from Wisconsin, so I feel well qualified to evaluate dairy products. The flavors are delicious and there are so many to choose from. I'm not,a good decision maker so I went halvsies and had half of a scoop of coffee and the other toffee. Out of three children and three adults we unanimously decided it measured up to Wisconsin standards. It is a small shop but there are a few small tables inside with a little kids table and then a couple tables outside. I wish I'd tried their homemade baked waffle cones, but that will have to wait for our next trip to sunny San Diego.

Reviewed 28 September 2015

I live just a few blocks away from Mariposa/Butterfly for almost 20 years and just now discovered this GEM!

Been to Mariposa Ice Cream? Share your experiences!