“Absolutely delicious ice cream and nice staff!!”
Review of Mariposa Ice Cream

Mariposa Ice Cream
Ranked #28 of 165 Dessert in San Diego
Reviewed 19 May 2016

This ice cream is creamy, fresh tasting, friendly service!! Awesome deliciousness! I mixed a chocolate with a cherry flavored ice cream with hot fudge and it was super scrumptious!! There are many flavors and a quaint little place in Kensington. We sat outside and watched the world go by in ice cream bliss. Stop in and enjoy!

Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

We stopped in to meet a friend here while on a family trip from Wisconsin, so I feel well qualified to evaluate dairy products. The flavors are delicious and there are so many to choose from. I'm not,a good decision maker so I went halvsies and had half of a scoop of coffee and the other toffee. Out of three children and three adults we unanimously decided it measured up to Wisconsin standards. It is a small shop but there are a few small tables inside with a little kids table and then a couple tables outside. I wish I'd tried their homemade baked waffle cones, but that will have to wait for our next trip to sunny San Diego.

Reviewed 28 September 2015

I live just a few blocks away from Mariposa/Butterfly for almost 20 years and just now discovered this GEM!

Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

A trip to San Diego would not be complete without a visit to Mariposa. Simply the best ice cream and the best house-made waffle cones. Save up your calories or park a mile away and walk in! My current favorite: Peanut Butter Fudge. The Maple Walnut is wonderful too!

Reviewed 4 August 2015

We frequently visit Mariposa's to enjoy a little scoop of their terrific ice cream. I don't want to write using superlatives, but will say it is our favorite ice cream in town. We love the unique flavors, the fact that they are not overly sweet but creamy and simply delicious. The owners and staff are lay back and very sweet. We have been going for years and they are always great with the kids. Highly recommend their shop. You won't be disappointed by the flavors!

Been to Mariposa Ice Cream? Share your experiences!