Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Courtyard
Expedia.comUS$143
FindHotelUS$143
HurbUS$148
1,171 results
All reviews bank building gaslamp quarter valet parking beautiful hotel conference room walking distance valet service homeless people front desk staff convention center corner room i highly recommend this hotel per day vault lobby bellman zoo
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 December 2020

It was a bit hard to find the hotel at first but in the end, I did find it.
What will help if you are driving yourself have your navigation end at the House of Blue San Deigo (since it is on the side of the building where the valet is.

The lobby is beautiful, especially with the restored interior. The person who checked me in was very helpful and got me checked in very quickly. The elevator bank was really cool.

My room was fantastic, as was the view. The bed was very big and comfortable. The bathroom was well appointed.
The view was spectacular and unparalleled; both during the day and at night. with spectacular views of the Gaslamp, Petco Stadium, the convention center, and the waterfront area.
You have to schedule a time for the staff to "refresh" the room so they can not be in there with you.
The downside was that the “blackout” curtains didn’t really work that well.

The area itself was perfect, and with many things within 30 minutes of walking. There was plenty of choices for food in a 15-minute walk.
The is also a CVS and a 7-Eleven within 2 blocks of the hotel.

The fitness center is by the "Safty Depot box room" and the machines are well kept. Additionally, they have a rule in place to only let one person in (to workout) at a time, for an hour at a time (with space in between so the hotel staff can clean/disinfect).

I highly recommend this hotel

Date of stay: December 2020
2  Thank Dave S
Reviewed 14 November 2020

I stayed here recently, Monica helped us. Her customer service is 5 star! Great asset to the company. The room was very nice, spacious, and clean. We enjoyed our time here. We will stay again soon. Thank you for the great service Monica !

Date of stay: November 2020
2  Thank elizabethaL7019AU
Reviewed 21 October 2020 via mobile

This location is perfect - walking distance to everything you might want downtown. I stayed in the hotel on the 15th floor in a harbor view room. Great checking experience with friendly service and very clean rooms and public areas.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank robotmirror
Reviewed 16 October 2020

While in San Diego my son booked us a room at the Courtyard in San Diego, CA. Check in was a breeze. Around 8:30 a couple checked in and were super loud, we called to the front desk and they called the room next to us for them to tone it down. The woman was drunk and laying in the hallway screaming and cussing. We called again around 9:30 and around 10 pm my son went downstairs and talked to the front desk clerk. By this time the man was beating on the wall yelling at us and saying all kinds of nasty things. He even stripped down his bedding and dropped it in front of our door along with full beer bottles. The front desk called the police around 10:0 pm and they arrived just before midnight. The couple had left minutes before so nothing was done to the couple. The hotel handled the situation as best as they could without escalating the problem. The police took about an hour and a half to arrive because it wasn't urgent. The hotel gave us our money back and allowed us to cancel our second night without penalty.
I personally just wouldn't stay in a hotel downtown anywhere at this point and time.

Room tip: Get a floor to yourself.
Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank imanoutdoorgrl
Veronica Padilla, Guest Services / Front Office at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2020

Dear valued guest, Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent hotel experience. I am very sorry this unfortunate experience happened during your stay. While I am glad you were taken care of, I understand how upsetting this experience might be. I do want to share that security is very important to us and we take matters like this very seriously and provide training on how to not only handle situations like this, but prevent them from happening as well. Unfortunately, this incident does not seem like it took place at this property. Please feel free to respond to the private message I have sent you and I would happy to help you find the property you stayed at.

Reviewed 29 September 2020 via mobile

Started trip to San Diego here. Helpful staff. Fascinating architecture of the hotel. Clean spacious rooms. Definitely recommend staying here. There are stores nearby if you have forgotten to bring anything. Location was good and made it easy to see San Diego.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank nibupt