1,066 results
All reviews bank building gaslamp quarter meeting room valet parking beautiful hotel house of blues the gas lamp district presidential suite walking distance horton plaza balboa park lobby bar valet service uss midway street noise high floor homeless people
Reviewed 17 February 2018

The hotel is beautiful. It is centrally located and close to shops, restaurants, public transport (particularly the bus that goes to the zoo) and the House of Blues is next door. Staff were friendly and the onsite restaurant / bar staff coped well with my toddler's messy eating habits. I didn't feel the personal approach I've received elsewhere was really here but we only stayed three nights and were out a lot so that may be why. The rooms where clean and tidy and our housekeeper left a short handwritten note the first day to introduce herself which was lovely (thsnks Cecie). Options to not replace towels daily were noted as an environmentally friendly option. Only recylce bins were placed in the main room but a bin for non-recyclables would be beneficial as I'm sure many people mix items due to no other bin availability (we used the bathroom bin).

Room Tip: We had a view of the Gaslamp district but this does mean more noise so a room with no view may be quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Oz_Mum2017
Jerico C, Guest Service Supervisor at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Hello Oz_Mum2017,

I love your screen name. Anyways, Thank you for the wonderful review you have left us. I do like the fact the our property is centrally located and close to pretty much everything. I'm very happy to know that you have also enjoyed your stay with us. We do take pride in providing the best service to our guest and making sure that their stay was welcomed. I will let Cecie know that you enjoyed the little notes that she left you. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see back again in the future.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

I was on the 11th floor and after checking into my room, noticed the toilet was not working properly (it wouldn't flush). I called the front desk and had to leave to a business meeting and by the time I got back in the evening, my bathroom issue was resolved and there was a note left indicating that the maintenance staff had been there. Close enough to the harbor to go walking/running in the morning. Their tomato basil soup was very nice - rich, creamy tasty. Close to the rail. Staff - so courteous.

Stayed: November 2017
Jerico C, Guest Service Supervisor at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Hello Cebollera,

Thank you for the wonderful review you have left us. I'm very happy to read that the issue you had right from arrival was fixed instantly. We do take pride on making sure that our guests has the best experience at our property. I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed what the city had to offer. Again I'd like to say thank you for staying with us and we hope to see back again soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

I'm from SC and this was my first visit to California and first Uber ride. Well, the help desk at the airport gave me the wrong hotel address for Uber and I was dropped off at the Courtyard Marriott and not the Marriott Mission Valley. Gary, the General Manager was incredible kind and offered to personally drive me to the correct hotel. After such a long flight and in a strange place...his kindness was so welcoming! Thank you for going above and beyond to make a guest feel safe and welcomed. Marriott is lucky to have such a caring and compassionate employee representing their business. Thank you Gary!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Hello Guest1690,

Thank you for this wonderful review you left us. I'm very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay here with us and San Diego. I understand fully being away from home and being in a strange new place. It definitely is hard to come by such kindness. I'm glad to hear that you got that exactly. I hope this will inspire you to travel to other places. Anyways, I'd like to say thank you once again and we to see you back.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

I've NEVER seen a Courtyard Marriott like this before! It's an old bank and it's stunning. Lots of comfortable seating in the lobby, great service, nice little bar and in the center of the Gaslamp neighborhood (which is overrated). Our room was bright and light and spacious. The bed was comfortable, everything worked and we even had a peekaboo water view. The only down side is that I have no desire to stay in the Gaslamp neighborhood again. Way too touristy! Still - worth a visit.

Room Tip: higher floors for water or city views
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello luv2travelez,

Thank you for the wonderful review you left us. Our property is definitely unique from all other Courtyards out there. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed every bit of your stay with us. Since we are part of the Gaslamp district it can be a bit tourist and I totally agree with you on that. Nonetheless just knowing that you have enjoyed your stay with us was good enough for us to read. Again we thank you for staying with us and hopefully we see you again.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights for my besties birthday weekend. Super location for fun (rooftop bar @ Rustic Root, dancing @ Vin de Syrah... short walk even in heels). Robert greeted us warmly on every return. Insider tip - he also does surfing lessons and will have you standing up first hour. We'll be back.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Hello KimmisEyes,

Thank you for the wonderful review you have left us. I'm very happy to hear that you've enjoyed your interaction with one our team. I'm happy that he made your stay more welcoming and fantastic. I never knew that Robert was also a surfing coach. Again thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back.