1,066 results
All reviews bank building gaslamp quarter meeting room valet parking beautiful hotel house of blues the gas lamp district presidential suite walking distance horton plaza balboa park lobby bar valet service uss midway street noise high floor homeless people
Reviewed 23 January 2018

I stayed in the Courtyard for a quick two-night business trip earlier this month. I actually liked the hotel a lot. It's housed in a converted bank building, and there's lots of character--particularly in the lobby. It's beautiful. The location on 6th and Broadway is also very convenient. I walked to dinner in the Gaslamp District both nights, and it was a quick cab ride the job site. My room was quite large and offered all of the modern conveniences that you would expect (e.g., Wifi).

I'd definitely stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Jerico C, Guest Service Supervisor at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Hello Scott B,

Thank you for the wonderful review you left us. It's great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. our property is definitely unique from all of the Courtyards out there. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Overall, the hotel has a cool retro feel set in an old bank building. The hotel had modern convienences including a decent fitness room, nice lobby and good wifi. The rooms were on the small side, but very clean and quiet. I did not eat at any of the hotel resteraunts in my week long stay since there is so many eateries near by. Parking is not easy with only valet available at a ridiculous $45 a day rate. I would not recommend this hotel for familes.

The biggest issue, and reason I would not return is the homeless population around the hotel. Each day, I could not leave the hotel and not be hasseled on multiple times for money. The homeless are very aggressive and will follow you if you ignore them. It literally made my trip uncomfortable and I did not like leaving the hotel for my conference or my free time.

If you are looking for a business hotel, it’s not bad, but for families, I would definately stay away and find another location that is much more hospitible to families. It is a shame since the location of the hotel is very good, right on the edge of the Gas Lamp district.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Jerico C, Guest Service Supervisor at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Hello English Teach30,

Thank you for your kinds words regarding our historic building and amenities, we are pleased to have accommodated you. We apologize for the discomfort you felt while exiting the hotel, but it is important that you inform us so we can possibly resolve the issue. Once more thank you for your kind words and we hope to have you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Set in an old bank, beautiful building but no parking which is definitely a drawback especially in a city like San Diego.
The service was average, the room was clean and spacious but noisy.
The hotel is well located in downtown San Diego.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Jerico C, Guest Service Supervisor at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Hello Isabelle J!

Thank you for writing us this review. It's always great to hear about our guests feedback. I know we've fallen short during your stay with us. Unfortunately when it comes to having parking in the property is something impossible since the city wants to preserve the historical structure of the building. Also during the weekends it tends to get a bit hectic outside. Again I sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. And thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

I stay here often, when travelling for work. The rooms are nice and clean. The staff is very polite. The bar has a great beer selection and is a Starbucks in the morning. Walking distance to a lot of great restaraunts and the Gaslamp district. Easy to get to the expressway from the hotel. The only downside is that it doesn't have a pool.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Hello Simhap!

Thank you for the wonderful review you left us. I'm happy to hear that you've enjoyed your stay with us. And that you enjoyed our bar. Unfortunately we do not have a pool in the property since we wanted to preserve the historical structure of the building. Again I'd like to thank you for staying with us and hope to see you back again.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

We arrived around midnight and were given a second floor room that smelled very bad. it spoiled our stay. the room in itself was nice. We had made the booking several months ago with Expedia, so we did not expect such a substandard treatment.

Room Tip: certainly not on second floor
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Jerico C, Guest Service Supservisor at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Hello Bernard L.

Thank you for submitting a review for us. It looks like we have fallen short on our service during your stay. I would like to apologize on that. We do take in pride on delivering an outstanding service to all of our guests that stays with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies and hope to see you again on your next trip. Again thank you for staying with us.