Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$181
View deal
Residence InnUS$181
Hotels.comUS$181
PricelineUS$181
Expedia.comUS$181
Agoda.comUS$181
FindHotelUS$181
All reviews free shuttle monday wednesday waterfront park full kitchen one bedroom suite fire pit walking distance breakfast was included sofa bed laundry room old town trolley noise ri inns zoo kitchenette
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Checked in late Saturday night and had to leave at 5 am for airport. I inquired about hotel shuttle to airport and front desk attendant Carlos, indicated their service did not start until 6 am. I mentioned I could probably get an Uber ride. He picked up the phone and made a quick call inquiring with someone about airport shuttle. He ended the call and told me a neighboring property has a courtesy airport shuttle operating that early and would stop here to pick me up! Wow! That's service!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Steve C, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Hi Davescoutdriver,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn San Diego Downtown.

We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay. I am very pleased to hear that Carlos found a creative solution to respond to your needs. These types of moments are always pleasant to read. I will make sure Carlos is properly recognized for his efforts.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

We stayed at this room for a couple of nights and found the location to be perfect. It was easily accessible to downtown, the Zoo, and Ocean Beach. It never took more than a couple of minutes for our Uber driver to pick us up, and it was an inexpensive trip. The neighborhood seemed very safe and we did not worry at all about exploring the area.

One of the best things I found was the outside parking lot. We happened to rent a very tall van, and were very worried about having to park in a garage. This hotel has lots of outdoor parking, making it very easy and convenient to park and access the vehicle. The room itself was a pretty typical Residence Inn suite. A clean bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, what more could you need?

I would like to specifically thank Carlos at the front desk. He was extremely helpful in getting us an early check-in, giving us some restaurant recommendations, and correcting an error (my fault) on my bill. In fact, everyone working there was friendly and seemed happy to help. We would definitely stay there again.

Extra note: the landscaping is beautiful, and I would love to know what the purple flowers are that are all through the garden in front of the hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Steve C, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Hi Lori,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn San Diego Downtown.

We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay. I was pleased to hear that are open parking was convenient for your travel needs. Thank you for taking the time to mention our staff, in particular Carlos at the front desk. I will make sure to properly recognize him for his service effort.

Also, I did follow up with my landscaping team and they tell me that the purple flowers are actually called Blue Escaviola. I hope this information helps you.

Thank you again and we truly appreciate you choosing our hotel.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We stayed here while on vacation for spring break with our three kids. While the location was great and we enjoyed all the wonderful restaurants in Little Italy, the hotel was less than impressive. Overall, the hotel felt like it could use a deep cleaning and updating. It felt tired and dirty. I had to call every single day to have our room cleaned at 3 or 4pm after we had returned from being gone all day since maid service never came. Our air conditioning unit stopped working and we had to move rooms. The staff offered no apology for the situation or tried to help us in any way possible. My husband travels frequently and has status with Marriott so we have stayed at several all over the country and this one was by far the worst and lacked the Marriott service you can typically count on. We will not be recommending this to anyone.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Steve C, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi Shannon D,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We appreciate your feedback and I was disappointed to hear that our staff did not provide better service recovery during your a/c issues and room move.This is definitely out of the norm for my staff. I am sorry that you weren't met with a better response from my team. I will personally share your comments with our hotel staff and management team and continue our efforts to consistently resolve challenges and ensure a positive guest experience.

Thank you again for providing your honest and valuable feedback.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Great location. Clean room. Comfy bends. I will definitely stay here again.

The price was reasonable and the staff was friendly. I cannot really think of anything bad to say. This was my second time and loved it. Easy drop off for Uber to find.

Date of stay: January 2018
Steve C, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear ComebackShane,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn San Diego Downtown.

We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay. We truly appreciate your repeat business. I will share your nice compliments with my team regarding their service.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

From the exterior it doesn't look like anything special but it is nice inside, the rooms are spacious, well maintained & the staff is amazing. The buffet breakfast is included with the rate, while not a huge selection it had all of our favorites & even the nights when the hotel was sold out there was seating.

While a bit off the downtown core, it is walking distance (30 min to convention center). And if you are there for a multi-day convention the rate & trolley saves a lot vs a Gaslamp Quarter hotel (the 'Little Italy' trolley stop around the corner, its 10 min to convention center, train every 15 min most of the day & every 30 min in the evenings, $2.50 1-way, $5 day pass & $15 for a 4 day pass).

The restaurants in the 'Little Italy' are 3 blocks away and excellent.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank zmastercanada
Steve C, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn San Diego Downtown.

We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay. We take great pride in all of the services and amenities that we offer our guests, and I am glad to hear you found them useful during your visit. I will share your nice complements about our hotel staff with my team.