Lowest prices for your stay
US$140
Free cancellation until 13/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Staypineapple.com
PricelineUS$140
Agoda.comUS$140
Trip.comUS$160
1,512 results
All reviews pineapple cupcakes gaslamp district pineapple theme great location mini cupcakes free bikes amenity fee free bottled water convention center the gas lamp district comfortable bed bars and restaurants walking distance petco park rooms are small definitely stay here again love this hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2021

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Super friendly and helpful staff, fun bikes to ride and beds that feel so good!! The daily 10. to spend was a nice touch as well as the cookies! Very clean and comfortable all the way around.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mathew Anderson, General Manager at Hotel Z - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

And we loved hosting you, 951allisons! We really appreciate the team compliments. I'm glad you enjoyed riding around town. I'm sure you looked super cool on our slick black and yellow bikes too! Thank you for staying with us and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again!

Reviewed 5 January 2021

My family and I decided to take a trip to San Diego,CA to bring in the New Year. Although, most ppl decided not to travel we wanted a change of scenery for the family. The location was excellent, the room was comfortable and clean and the staff had great customer service. Matt made us feel very welcome and Alan greeted us with a happy new year to travel safely home. We would definitely recommend staying here and love to visit the other properties. Thanks again StayPineapple.

Date of stay: January 2021

Hi Fearless549656,

Thank you for staying with us to start your new year! I'm blushing - thank you for your kind words. I'll be sure to let Alan know about the shout out too! We are looking forward to a much better 2021 so thank you for helping kick it off. Your recommendation means the world to us. Our Staypineapple brand has hotels in 7 cities: Seattle (4), Portland, San Francisco, San Diego, Chicago, Boston, and New York. I'm confident you'll have a very Pineappley experience at our other hotels too. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 3 January 2021

I love that they accept our doggies.
Our dogs names were spelled wrong (even though I correctly them last our last visit.)
No room service... had to walk down to get dog bowls and water.
Wish they had a pool or hottub or something else offered here.

Hi Jaami W,

Thank you for staying with us again! Dogs are just as welcome as our human guests here! We consider it a perk of the job being able to welcome all of the cute pups so thank you for bringing yours. Sorry for the misspelling. Covid has certainly altered the way we do things but we're pleased to still be able to offer many of the same amenities our guests love: guests receive a $10 daily Food and Beverage credit now instead of a breakfast buffet due to local covid regulations, we still have our bike rental available, individually wrapped Pineapple cookies, the coffee, tea, and bottled water is still unlimited, 30MB's of upgraded internet speed, and Chromecast enabled TV's for unlimited binging. Like all hotels, we have a few less team members now but luckily at Staypineapple the same hallmark service is still here because we have Everything People! In addition to bowls, doggos get a full welcome package as well if they wish with a dog bed, bags, and treats! For any additional interests, it doesn't get any better being located in the center of San Diego - you're no more than 15 minutes away from any major destination. Please let us know what you're interested in and we'll find a way for you to enjoy it! Thank you for staying with us and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you and your dog family again!

Reviewed 3 January 2021

I could not be happier with this hotel. The bed was beyond comfortable. The customer service was excellent. I especially love how dog friendly they are. We will definitely be back and I'll be sure to check out the properties in other cities as well.

Hi Heather P,

And we couldn't be happier that you stayed with us! Thank you for the great review. The "Naked Experience" in the bedding is luxurious, isn't it?! Dogs are just as welcome as our human guests here! We consider it a perk of the job being able to welcome all of the cute pups. Our Staypineapple brand has hotels in 7 cities: Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, San Diego, Chicago, Boston, and New York. I'm confident you'll have a very Pineappley experience at our other hotels too!

Reviewed 23 December 2020 via mobile

Thank you so, so much to the entire staff at Staypineapple Hotel Z! We stayed for five nights and were blown away by how phenomenal the whole experience was! They were so gracious to upgrade us to a suite facing the street upon our arrival. Such a cool room, and that bed...oh my!!! The pinnacle of luxury!
I had read other reviews in advance, so I was aware they didn’t automatically provide all of the amenities due to COVID restrictions. However, a simple request for robes and extra coffee supplies was quickly and efficiently handled by the friendliest staff ever. Free water bottles! Unlimited! They made us (and our dog, Zoey!) feel like guests in their home. We were all friends by the end of the week!
The new perk gives you $10/night in snack credit - we used ours for cheese, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, diet sodas, milk...you name it! They even have beer and wine available, if you’d prefer to have that! Plus, a gigantic CVS is right at the corner if you need to grab something for your days out. Right across from CVS is easy, cheap parking. Seriously - this location cannot be beat. This was our second Staypineapple trip (we took one last year to Seattle!) and loved it so much, we had to try the one in San Diego for a much-needed getaway.

Thank you to the entire staff for making us feel so welcome, relaxed, and refreshed! We’ll be back, and we will be sure to tell everyone to stay there!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mathew Anderson, General Manager at Hotel Z - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2020

My heart is melting - thank you for the incredible review, cjrsickgirl! I'm so happy we could be a part of such a special occasion with you. I'm definitely adding "pinnacle of luxury" to our descriptions of our "Naked Experience" in the bedding. Thank you for reading the reviews! While we try to have everything prepared for you in advance, covid has certainly altered the way we're able to provide some of our amenities so thank you for your understanding. We're right in the center of San Diego so it's a perfect location for seeing all the city has to offer. Your team compliments mean the world to us, thank you. With so much happening during 2020, we're happy we could be a little yellow ray of sunshine for you this year. We look forward to an outstanding 2021 with you!