4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$256
FindHotelUS$256
TravelocityUS$256
CheapTicketsUS$256
2,891 results
All reviews gaslamp district signature suite horton plaza beautiful hotel turn down service street noise the gas lamp district beautiful lobby valet parking bottled water balboa park love this hotel convention center uss midway concierge starwood turndown
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 July 2019

The US Grant has the worst customer service I've ever experienced in 30 years of traveling. I always stay at Marriotts for business and pleasure, but will never stay here again and urge anyone considering it to choose a different hotel in San Diego. I stayed for one night, checked out, got my bill for one night, and then they charged my credit card for four. On the phone when I called to get their mistake rectified and my $1000 overcharge refunded, Michelle at the front desk was rude and dismissive, Esther Ponce, the front desk manager promised to "look into it" and then disappeared, and Doug Korn the General Manager is simply MIA. Mr Korn and his employees should be ashamed of themselves, and Marriott should be embarrassed to have this disastrously run hotel in their portfolio.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
6  Thank JonathanMHunt
Reviewed 10 July 2019

Great location, hotel is very nice i absolutely love the lobby, bell man was great , valet service was outstanding. Check in wasn't the best, i had to ask questions about amenities like WiFi , Fitness center. FD wasn't communicating well at all.

Room tip: Room was very small no room for room service table.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Vatres
Reviewed 7 July 2019 via mobile

Beautiful Hotel in the Heart ❤️ of the Gas Lamp district. Easy access to many venues and things to do. Fitness center is not large but adequate. Wish they had a pool. The bathroom was superb considering being an old hotel. Love the oversized shower.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank robcP3784JX
Reviewed 4 July 2019 via mobile

I wish I took more photos of the hotel! From the moment we pulled into The US Grant I knew it was going to be a wonderful weekend getaway. The staff at the valet, front desk, and concierge made sure we were welcomed and took very good care of us and our pup Kilo! Demi at the front desk, Lee Ann at concierge, and Mike who helped us with our luggage and any questions we had about SD, thank you all for a lovely stay! Did I mention the property is absolutely gorgeous? Must stay hotel when visiting San Diego. We will be back soon!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank nabisco14
Reviewed 3 July 2019 via mobile

A quick weekend trip down to San Diego, and we picked the US Grant to stay at. Very glad we did. Less than a mile to Little Italy, right across the street is Gaslamp, so couldn’t ask for a better location. The hotel staff was really nice and the room spacious and clean. Highly recommend

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jayy