Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
TravelocityUS$134
CheapTicketsUS$134
ZenHotels.comUS$137
1,579 results
All reviews red fox poolside room bob hope pool parties front desk amazing pool pool side balboa park lobby parking zoo staycation hillcrest downtown sd uber california
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I come to San Diego regularly. When I am not staying at the beach, I stay at the Lafayette. The staff, the restaurant and the rooms are wonderful. They do an awesome job on cleaning the rooms and the public areas like the pool furniture, railings and surfaces, restrooms, lobby, etc. Joseph and Krystle were wonderful to work with and make us feel like a cross between family and valued clients. My son loves the pool and I love that they don't fuss when we bring pool toys. Note to families: there are some really unusual room options for larger groups, including Suze Suites and the Bungalows.

Room tip: If you have a larger group, look at the Suze Suites or the Bungalows.
Date of stay: March 2021
Dieter Hissin, Marketing at The Lafayette Hotel, Swim Club & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are happy to hear we are your go-to spot! We take pride in the guest service we provide, and are very fortunate to have Joseph and krystal on our team. With summer fast approaching, we hope to have your family back again to enjoy the pool.

Reviewed 5 April 2021

Was visiting a friend who was staying at the Lafayette and had lunch at the restaurant. The food was absolutely amazing. Sitting outside and over looking the pool while having a mimosa or two is a great way to start the weekend. And I can't say enough about the service here. Joseph at the front desk was very helpful in making sure my friend felt right at home. He even talked us into eating at the hotel versus going out and that was the best decision. Thanks again Lafayette.

Date of stay: April 2021

Thank you for reviewing your visit with us. We're excited to hear you decided to stay onsite and enjoy the food and scenery. Visit us again soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2021

My husband and I just had a weekend away and stayed in a bungalow. We were very happy with the space and comfort! We enjoyed the pool and bar. Such a great environment. Staff was very nice. Joseph checked us out he was very helpful and professional we can’t wait to go back! We will be back soon with the kids and enjoy the pool!! Such a great place for adults or family

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dieter Hissin, Marketing at The Lafayette Hotel, Swim Club & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2021

Thank you for your review and rating! We're glad to hear you had a great mini getaway. We strive to provide great service and overall guest experience, and glad to hear we did such. Can't wait to have you back with the kids!

Reviewed 2 April 2021

Avoid at all costs!!! This was the worst purchase I've ever made through Livingsocial, it felt like a live experience of American Horror Story. The rooms look nothing like the pictures and are absolutely filthy. I had to move rooms after checking in because the bed smelled like vomit, the phone was broken, there was hair all over the bed and room, the towels were filthy and gray when they're supposed to be white, most of the lights were broken, there was tissue paper in the peephole of the door, the paint was peeling in the bathroom, and there was a booger on the wall. The new room I was moved to was cleaner, but I still used my disinfectant wipes to sanitize the room. The phone was missing all of the directory keys and so it felt like a death trap and the bathroom still had cracked paint. All in all, this was the most undignified experience I've ever had in a hotel. This offer should not be sold to anyone ever, please stay away from this place.

Room tip: The rooms look nothing like the pictures online
Date of stay: March 2021

Thank you for taking a moment to review your stay. We truly apologize for the experience you received. This by all means is not an image wish to portray. Your review has been shared with the team and we are working on an action plan so this would not happen again. If there is anything further you wish to discuss, please contact me directly by calling the hotel main line. We truly apologize and hope to hear from you.

Reviewed 31 March 2021

My girlfriend and I had a great stay at the Lafayette Hotel for my birthday in late March. The pool was a great place to hang, and the hotel is walking distance to some nice bars and restaurants. Also, Joseph at the front desk is worth the price of admission alone! We would love to come back.

Date of stay: March 2021

We are excited to hear you had a great time at the hotel and around University Heights. Joseph is an amazing asset to the team. We hope you find time to visit us again soon.