Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Sheraton.comUS$136
FindHotelUS$136
PricelineUS$136
Expedia.comUS$136
Hotels.comUS$136
HurbUS$154
All reviews upgraded to a suite hotel circle gaslamp district freeway uber
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 March 2021 via mobile

I can’t believe this is part of the Marriott/Bonvoy family. Worst hotel I have ever stayed in. When I first checked into my room, I noticed fruit flies flying around the room, the carpet was disgusting and the pillows had stains on them. I asked to be moved to another room which hotel staff gladly accommodated my request. However, the second room was not any better. The room smelled of rotten food, the bathroom light would not stay on for more than 5 minutes, the carpet was just as disgusting as the first room and there was blood on the mattress. It literally looked like someone was murdered on the mattress.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank LJan80
Reviewed 9 March 2021

I am a long time Marriott Rewards/Bonvoy member and Marriott Timeshare owner. My most recent stay at the Sheraton Mission Valley on the 14th of February, 2021 was by far the worst experience and service that I have been through being a loyal Marriott Elite member and guest of Marriott properties. A simple one night local staycation as a platinum member with guaranteed late checkout was not honored. Prior to check-in, I requested through the Bonvoy app for a 4pm checkout for my 1 night stay. I checked into the Sheraton as a member and mentioned I had setup a 4pm checkout through the app and was not questioned at the front desk given my status as a platinum member. As I was out of the room on business that morning, my daughter received a call at 1:00 pm from the front desk informing her that the room needed to be vacated. My daughter who was a registered guest told the front desk that I had set up a late checkout. The front desk told her she needed to leave. As I was still on a business call out she packed up my belongings and left the room. I was not happy to know the management forced her out of the room while the parking lot was over half empty. That afternoon, I spoke with Marco Rodrigues the General Manager of the property and he said that Terms and Conditions on the Marriott website…aka fine print did not guarantee late checkout… and that properties set up their own policy regarding late checkout. This property is neither a resort nor a convention hotel. I stated to Mr. Rodrigues I was a platinum member and I was guaranteed a 4pm late checkout. He mentioned Terms and Conditions and to say the least I was not happy and not satisfied with his attitude and his customer service. Long and the short of it I contacted Marriott corporate and after 2 weeks of explaining my experience, Marriott acknowledged that the management of the Sheraton Mission Valley was not honoring my late checkout and gave a goodwill gesture. I received no apology from the property general manager. I, as a member who checked in, I am entitled to a guaranteed check out of 4pm. For all Elite members in the future, take names and verify all benefits that you are entitled to. Document and note all interactions. Staff and even Management may not know all the benefits we are entitled to and guaranteed. I hate to complain and I’m very sorry to have had this experience. Safe Travels All.

Room tip: Does not honor guaranteed BENEFITS
Date of stay: February 2021
2  Thank SD6198581
Marco Rodriguez, Owner at Sheraton Mission Valley San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2021

SD6198581 - Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback from your stay with us from February 14th and although your version of the event is different then ours we wish the best in your travels.

Reviewed 27 October 2020

I rarely do this. I’ve been in the hospitality industry for over 30 years and realize things happen. But NEVER in my life have I experienced such a thing where I was actually scolded by an employee! So my husband & I have been traveling for over 20 hours to get home. We live about 2 hours from the Mexican border so thought it would be safer to get a room before driving home at midnight. We pull into the Sheraton Mission Valley. Since we were due to arrive at 1am we realized the date/time was tricky so we confirmed when we arrived on Mexico City. We arrive to a dark hotel - is it even open? My husband tests to auto doors and when they don’t open I tried the door which was locked. I jiggled the handle. In any event, the night auditor opens the door and scolds is for “banging on the doors.” We tell her we too are in the hospitality industry and we hand her our ID and CC as instructed. We got an employee rate and she would NOT check us in because we did not have the proper paperwork. Mind your this is a franchise and someone from that franchise made the resy. NO ONE told us we needed this and mind you I think 4 calls were made prior to arrival. Nevertheless, she refused to check us in so tired we had to drive 2 hours home, tired, risking our lives and others. She is a DISGRACE to our industry and I am embarrassed! I probably will never get a call back but if I did I do not want $ just an apology! During covid no doubt we were treated like criminals. I hope this is not the future of an industry I am passionate about. SHAME on the management of this hotel for keeping such a disgrace! BTW wanted to give a zero but unable to...

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie M
Reviewed 1 August 2020 via mobile

I can hardly believe this is a Marriott property. Call before you go because nothing that’s advertised seems to be accurate. There are no doggie beds, the one restaurant and bar on property are closed entirely (no poolside service, no room service, no take out, NOTHING). We had to run to the grocery store at 10 pm last night after arriving. The little dog pee area has no poop bags.There is a convenience shop in the lobby and everything, of course, is grossly overpriced. The landscaping is full of weeds and wilting flowers. The jacuzzi, granted is closed as required by law, but is GREEN with algae. The restrooms near the pool/lobby are closed so you have to go to your room. There are no trashcans in the common areas. The beds are soooo hard. There seems to be one employee working the entire time. The pool towels are like washcloths and even though there are only ten people at the pool, towels are not being restocked regularly. Correction: a guy just came to restock and then left all the dirty towels laying around the pool. The $28/day parking is for a non-secured, open lot that anyone can come in/out of. There is an ice machine on our floor but it’s broken. The clerk said to use the ones on floors 4 and 9 as they’re the ones that work. :-/ They’ve not made any concessions for all the nom-Covid related shortcomings. Definitely pick another hotel.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarlaD1329
Reviewed 19 May 2020

I paid extra to have a room with the special air filteration.
after I checked in about 4:00 pm I went about my business until about 11:00 pm, the room had a slight odor, kind of a week smell of rubber getting hot, but I didn,t think much of it, I thought it might have something to do with air filter, so I got in bed almost asleep, then all the sudden something with the AC gave up and the room smelled like burning rubber, it got so bad I had to turn off the AC, the filter removed the smell but we had no AC all night. I talked to the guy at the front desk about the issue, but he could care less. do your self a favor, stay somewhere else.

Date of stay: May 2020