Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Marriott HotelsUS$152
PricelineUS$152
Hotels.comUS$152
Expedia.comUS$152
Agoda.comUS$152
eDreamsUS$152
All reviews business trip bit dated nice room stayed here for two nights workout room pool area city view attending a conference one night stay enjoyed my stay nice stay bed was comfortable convenient location great place to stay lounge property attendees
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 October 2020 via mobile

Haven’t stayed here in awhile since they renovated but also note they are still renovating. We didn’t hear any construction but the front desk does advise of possible noise or disturbance.

We booked the family connector room which is basically a king room and an adjoining room with 2 doubles. They both have a desk area and mini refrigerators. The king room has a small loveseat sitting area. The rooms are very modern with faux wood flooring, fixtures very modern throughout the room with adequate USB and electrical outlets which a large desk area.

The one thing I found odd was the closet/clothing rack was located in the bathroom. I understand not wanting to use space in the room for a closet but just odd to me.

We had balconies in both rooms although seemed like the area hadn’t a been swept or cleaned. Understand that it’s outside and maybe the wind swept up some dirt but there was a giant hair ball on the ground in the balcony.

The front desk staff was very friendly. During covid there is limited staff in general and the lounge is not open. We ordered breakfast and had to wait to order and even worse to get our food the wait was extremely long. The pools was open and is open until 11pm which was a plus. Pool area was very clean and relaxing.

Parking is not free and valet is currently not available. Parking spaces are super tight.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank kpac22
Dennis Vinegas, Guest Services / Front Office at San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2020

Dear kpac22,

Thank you for completing a Tripadvisor review regarding your recent stay at the San Diego Marriott Mission Valley Hotel.

Please allow me to apologize for the several inconveniences you experienced during your visit. It is not often that I hear about this
many issues taking place during one stay and I am very concerned. I will be addressing these incidences with the appropriate department managers and ask that they put corrective measures in place so these types of issues do not reoccur.

kpac22, I realize that you may be hesitant to return to our hotel, however we would be grateful for another
opportunity to welcome you back to experience the proper service and guest room accommodation that your requested. When you would like to make reservations, please contact me directly and your arrangements will be handled personally.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance or if you have any further questions.

Reviewed 21 September 2020

Booked here because it was near family. The people are friendly enough. Stayed in a room high up looking out over the pool. The room, I think may have been a recently re done room was not to our liking. The closet was a open cabinet in the bath, and the floors have a glue down vinyl floor. The room had a very sterile feel. Not a warm and comfortable one. Like a Motel 6. The adjoining door had a gap on the bottom So the noisy neighbors sounded like they were in our room. A simple weatherstrip would help that situation. We expected more from a Marriott. And they clip you to park as well. Would not return to this location.

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank cadriftr
Dennis Vinegas, Guest Services / Front Office at San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2020

Dear cadriftr,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor review regarding your recent stay at the San Diego Marriott Mission Valley Hotel.

cadriftr, I realize that you may be hesitant to return to our hotel, however we would be grateful for another

Reviewed 28 July 2020

Hotel Circle in San Diego doesn't always have the best places to stay, but the Marriott is on the North Side and a significantly better option than the other hotels in the area. Close to food and shopping, but far enough away from the freeway so as to not be overrun with noise, etc.

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank PaPaPearson
Reviewed 19 June 2020

Hotel under construction on upper floors using jackhammers. I was on the 5th floor and it sounded on top of my head. Even at the pool it was loud. No food in the hotel.

If you are staying in the evening it’s ok—But construction starts early.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
dvinegas, Manager at San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2020

Dear Mackinzw,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor review regarding your recent experience at the San Diego Marriott Mission Valley.

I am very sorry you were inconvenienced by the jack-hammering and noise. We strive to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. Unfortunately, this sometimes requires essential renovations in our guest areas.

As you noticed, we are currently in the process of a major remodel of our guest rooms. These areas are sure to provide a highly functional space and stylish decor that meet the modern needs of our valued guests, like you.

Mackinzw, although we fell short of meeting your expectations during your past stay, I hope you will consider San Diego Marriott Mission Valley on your next visit to San Diego so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve. Please contact me directly and I will be happy to personally assist with your arrangements.

Reviewed 20 May 2020 via mobile

Dennis at the Front Office was amazing and very welcoming. The property was beautiful and the pool area was also great. We had a nice relaxing time in the pool, that for a moment we were able to forget about all the stress with the COVID-19 pandemic. The rooms were spacious, and the beds were very comfortable. Will definitely be back to this hotel once all of this over to truly enjoy all of its amenities.

Date of stay: May 2020