4 people are viewing this hotel
US$437
Free cancellation until 30/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hyatt.com
Free cancellation until 29/05/21
Expedia.comUS$420
Agoda.comUS$437
Hotels.comUS$420
All reviews red marlin mission bay pool area family suite sea world beautiful resort fire pit ocean view clean rooms wonderful stay nice room love this hotel hot tub la jolla pools property tower
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our first time staying here & it was great. The staff is friendly. The pool area & Waterslides were wonderful. The kids had a blast & did not want to leave. Happy things are getting back to normal! We will return.

Reviewed 11 April 2021

Wasn’t happy that check in was delayed past check in time. Other than that, staff was amazing. Rooms were very clean and quiet. Food and drinks were excellent. Pools were clean. Views from the room were amazing and bonus: we got to see the fireworks from Sea World.

Reviewed 10 April 2021

The hotel staff is fantastic but the hotel is older & needs an update. Parking is a nightmare especially at night. We stayed when covid restrictions on occupancy were limited. I can not imagine the chaos of a packed hotel.

Reviewed 9 April 2021

WARNING!! DO NOT STAY HERE!! RESORT CATFISH!! I’d give this place zero stars if possible. The room cleanliness was putrid especially during COVID. The room contained what appeared to be leftover ketchup stains on the carpet floor as well as on the curtain rods. There was leftover cereal on the floor behind the main door. There were several pretzel chips on the floor, a leftover orange peel in the ice bucket and crumbs under the pullout couch. There were fingerprints on the lights and what appeared to be a dirty/old or chipped bathroom mirror. We first alerted the housekeeping manager who immediately removed the pretzel chips. As we further inspected the room and found more issues, the housekeeping manager was no longer available (I couldn’t find him) so I called the front desk repeatedly but no one answered. I had to walk to the front desk. The front desk staff was indeed professional and pleasant but quickly fast-talked me and didn’t really acknowledge my concerns. I presented pictures and asked how my specific concerns would be addressed. The front desk stafff never answered my question but offered to comp my bill $50. They also never followed up. The sheets and towels were clean. We purchased a can of Lysol and disinfected the entire room. The hotel stairways were dirty and not well-maintained. Trash remained in the trash cans outside the building all day. The buildings are outdated, as well as the in-room furniture. We reserved what we thought was a suite but is practically a standard hotel room separated by a hard to open door leading into the main area. The bathroom door was equally difficult to open and did not lock. DO NOT believe the pictures advertised on the hotel website. Those pictures don’t remotely reflect the actual condition of the rooms and hotel grounds. The gym and pool require reservations. The gym only allows one person or limited to family members belonging to the same party. The pool is only available for 2 hours per day. Parking fees are $42 per night for both valet or self-parking. The self-parking lot was dirty—leaves, dirt and trash. The hotel also charges $50 for lost parking/hotel keys. For the money we paid, the appeal we were sold by hotel reservations and the expected resort experience, this hotel fell way short of those expectations. I use the term hotel because this place is no where near a resort. Spend the extra money (if necessary) and stay elsewhere! We won’t ever stay here again.

1  Thank MicahO_12
Reviewed 9 April 2021

My family and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel. My kids enjoyed the heated pool, and we enjoyed the water sports nearby. Covid precautions were in place and everyone respected each other's space. I would stay again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!