All reviews pacific beach stove top ocean view small fridge granite countertops mission blvd beach access street parking coffee pot restaurants and bars bed was comfortable nice room pans units renovation properties
Reviewed 1 April 2018

After reading many of the reviews about Diamond Head Inn, I was concerned about staying there. I did call the hotel and they assured me that the rooms were recently renovated. I was very happy with the look of my room. I t was light and airy and you could tell if had been recently renovated. The room looked like the pictures on the hotel web site and not the pictures prior to the renovation. The bed was comfortable and there was plenty of room.

I only had a couple of small recommendations - Make it clear where to find the heater. I had a 1 bedroom suite and the heater is a corner in the kitchen behind the table and chairs. It took my me a while to find it. The other thing is that the bathroom window needs repair.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank MP_BassMan
jimsilver, General Manager at Diamond Head Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

After our renovation, that took about a year, we found that we still had many small repairs to take care of. WE have been going through each room and resolving any leftover issues. Thank you very much for staying with us!

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Went on trip last minute... booked hotel when we arrived in pacific beach area. When we went to check in we were informed room was only avaible one night.... not the 4 we paid for. Were able to upgrade us to a sister hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicholas U

It's a bit tricky at times when we book to the last room on the Internet. We can unfortunately run into an overbooking before we have time to stop incoming reservations, and that's what happened in this case. I'm very happy that you were satisfied with your other accommodations! Thank you very much for staying with us!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We stayed at the Diamond Head Inn for 2 nights. We had a ground floor suite which has recently been refurbished. The bed was comfortable and the shower worked well - almost too well as the pressure was quite strong! Very close to the beach - basically across the road so you can hear the waves crashing as you fall asleep. There are plenty of options for dinner in the neighbourhood but not so many breakfast options.
However you can use the kitchen if you want to self cater. The only downside to our stay was a lack of parking - there are a handful of spaces at the hotel based on first come first served, or you need to take a chance with on the street parking. The other alternative is to park at one of their sister properties which are around the corner.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Parking, especially during any holiday can be a challenge. We always offer our sister property as a last resort though, and there is never a charge. We hope you will stay with us again!

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

I was here on Jan/2018. Booked directly thru hotel website. I got a king bed with kitchen for around $100/night. Hotel recently remodeled, clean bathroom, kitchen with stove, fridge and cooking utensil. They also have a big living room with sofa. It even leave an extra set of blanket and pillow just in case for whoever decided to sleep on the couch. I think there are only 2 room that faces the ocean. If you want those rooms, make sure to book ahead. They a bit pricier but i think it will worth it.

The room that I got was like a very cozy one room apartment. Will be great for long stay. They have Bath&body works lotion and shower gel which very impressed me. Bring your own toothbrush. They do offer hair dryer. Bed is a bit uncomfortable but It was a great place. The hotel is great at the beach front. Nice walk to pier, access to nice coffee shop and breakfast place. Parking is a bit challenging but you will find it. Great place to stay. They locate right across from a 4stars hotel with a triple price. Why would you pay $300/night while you have the same thing for $100. I was kinda worry about the hotel in the first place. But trust me, I’m glad I found them. Support small local business

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
jimsilver, General Manager at Diamond Head Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Thank you very much for trying us. We are trying to compete with the surrounding much more expensive hotels. Every room has a kitchen which is really a nice bonus especially if your are staying for a longer period of time.

I hope you will stay with us again the next time you visit the beach!

Reviewed 23 January 2018

First of all, the rooms we have stayed in are nice, clean and welcoming. I am very picky about where I stay, the Diamond Head Inn is now my go-to place when I travel to San Diego. The staff (Alex and Laura) were as friendly as can be and they both gave us great recommendations for places to go and where to eat. This place is a must place to stay. One warning though-the parking is a bit of a problem at certain points of the day.

Room Tip: We liked the lower floors for accessibility to our vehicle for loading and unloading our bags.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for mentioning the parking. We do offer complimentary parking at our two other locations located with in a block or two away. I will inform Laura and Alex about your review. And, thank you very much for staying with us!