Diamond Head Inn
The Westin San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$190
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$296/night.

PB Surf Beachside Inn(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$308
US$176
US$172
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$226/night.

Red Roof Inn San Diego - Pacific Beach/SeaWorld(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$119
Red Roof
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$290
US$236
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$284/night.

The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$202
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$258/night.

The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$141
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$202/night.

Kings Inn San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$120
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$135/night.

US$329
US$295
Official Site
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$365/night.

Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
US$352
US$337
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$488/night.

All reviewspacific beachstove topocean viewgranite countertopsmission blvdwalking distancesmall fridgebeach accessstreet parkingcoffee potrestaurants and barsbed was comfortabletwo blockslate at nightunitspropertiescalifornia
Reviewed 26 August 2017

No soap bar or any other toiletry was provided in the room with the exception of one roll of toilet paper. There's a coffee maker but no coffee packet. The vending machine was out of order. No iron in the room. Although the room looked like it has been updated, some of the furniture were still in plastic wrap. The door didn't close well, I had to slam it hard to get it to close. There were only two pillows, one firm and one soft and a tiny throw pillow. You have to pay for Wifi. Parking was hard to find. Continental breakfast is provided. Overall, besides the close proximity to the beach and the boardwalk, there's not much about this place that would make me want to come back.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
jimsilver, General Manager at Diamond Head Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Thank you for your comments. Although, I do wish your stay with us would have been a more pleasurable one. We are still finishing up with the renovation when it comes to the details, but will be finished very soon. I hope you will try us again.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Our room was newly remodeled and very nice. There was no ocean view, but the beach was right around the corner. The room had a few minor issues (hot/cold taps reversed in the shower and sink, no screen in the window), but nothing that kept us from being comfortable. The front desk clerk, Laura, was very friendly and made us feel right at home. The price was very good for the location.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments. I will also inform Laura of your review. I was not aware of the reversed water lines, but will have this repaired asap. I hope you will come again.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

In July, I went to Daimonheadinn.com and booked a "Suite 1 QN Bed with Kitchen", for 3 nights (That is exactly how it is shown on both the hotel's website and on the confirmation that I printed". After driving 10+ hours to get here, we checked into the hotel and went to our room. It looked smaller than the website showed, but it was in the afternoon and since we are only here a couple of day we headed straight down to the beach to catch what was left of another beautiful San Diego summer day. After getting back to the room, we changed and headed out to grab a few necessities and once we were back to the hotel, finally had a chance to go onto their website just to double check. Turns out they had switched us to the Standard Queen room without letting me know when I checked in. Also, the website says "Kitchen facilities include stove top, microwave, coffee maker, sink and granite counter tops and refrigerator. Essential kitchen utensils are also included, plates, bowls, cups, silverware, pots and pans" - This is supposed to be in ALL the units, even the basic Queen room. Our room has what is essentially just a wet bar with a microwave,. No cooktop, No pot and pans, (why would they?), No cups, No bowls and No silverware. So the next morning I head down to the office to discuss. There I am given a song and dance about how there are a bunch of websites that were overbooking them, etc, etc., when I asked about the kitchen essentials - no answer, she just walked into the back room. I'm then told that there were no rooms like I reserved, so they placed us in what was available. She even said they have had instances where they have had to turn away people that had reservations because they were overbooked.

Next the on duty manager Laura, calls our room to explain that she has looked into this further and sees in their system that my reservation was changed from the suite to the standard room on Aug 1st, I never changed it, and was never informed about this. A bit of back and forth goes on, I can sense I am getting no where. I ask if I am getting charged the same rate as for the larger room, and I am told yes, that I'm even getting a "deal" at $182 per nite, since the regular rate is $241 per nite. I explain that I can go on their website and book the same room I am in for the next 2 nites at $131 per nite, and she explains that Yes the rates are lower now because it's August. I am again told I will need to talk to the General Manager on Monday.

I WAS offered a larger room in one of their "sister" properties (where the pool that guest here can use is located). But that property is directly on Mission Blvd and not right on the beach like this one is. Sorry but if I had wanted to get a room on a busy street, and not at the beach, I would have booked it then.

Biggest problem, is we were going to have our nieces come down from LA to stay a night (since the website said the room I booked could sleep 4 people). Now that is not going to happen, since the room we were changed to has a bed and not even a sitting area to watch the TV. Really ruins plans we had for a couple of the days we are here

It sucks that this is ruining my mini vacation, and too bad they pulled the switch since this hotel is nice, clean and in a great location.

We try to come down to San Diego at least a couple of times a year, but I really doubt if I will ever use this property again. Why would I trust a hotel that downgrades your reservation (with no change in cost) or offers the possibility of turning you away because they are overbooked. I guess that I should be as the manager Laura said "grateful that I even got a room".

Room Tip: 201 and 202 look like they are the only 2 rooms with a balcony and ocean view
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Traveling_Fat_Guy

There was a mistake with our reservation system, and did everything we could to correct your accommodations as soon as we could. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I must say I was a bit wary about booking a room at this hotel after some of the reviews I read but must say that the room we booked was excellent. It had two large queen size beds, new bedding, a newly updated bathroom and a little updated kitchen area which we didn't use at all. The owner was there and was very nice. The receptionist, Laura was a big help and always very pleasant. I would say the one drawback was the parking.
The hotel is literally a very short jog to the beach. Unfortunately we left very early in the morning to catch our flight back to Texas but would consider staying here again if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura P
jimsilver, General Manager at Diamond Head Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking a chance regardless of our past reviews. We are making many changes to both the inside and the exterior. I hope we will see you again soon! Also, I will let Laura know about your comment.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

bright light in window, noisy drunks outside at 3AM, no response to office when you dial 0, breakfast is stale old pastries. Get fresh donuts or something good.
You have to walk several blocks to a shared pool.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah T

We do have roaming security in the overnight time period, and between us and the property across the street, the noise is generally taken care of. We do apologize for that. The Pacific Shores Inn does allow my guests from the Diamond Head Inn to utilize the pool. It is located two blocks away, but it's really our only option for a pool. The breakfast is delivered each morning, and really only includes pastries, coffee, juice, and a selection of teas.