2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
BestWestern.comUS$123
FindHotelUS$123
HurbUS$125
PricelineUS$123
Hotels.comUS$123
travelup.comUS$151
All reviews sea world free breakfast room was clean easy access nice place to stay would stay here again old town short drive balboa park the san diego area la jolla motel freeway seaworld microwave parking downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 February 2021

When I pulled in I should have trusted my gut and pulled out. Rooms were dated and dirty. Floor had not been vacuumed. Walked by two cleaning g ladies with carts who were cleaning rooms without masks. The lamp shade between our beds had a brown yellow stain on one entire side of it. Remote controls should be sanitized and sealed in plastic but they were not. Shower curtain was moldy. Paint was flaking off the bathroom door because ventilation is so bad. My sheets had a hole in them. Walls are paper thin and you can hear people all night coming in and out. This place was just plain disgusting.

Date of stay: February 2021
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jesse Duenas, Guest Services / Front Office at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2021

Reviewed 23 December 2020

When pulling into the property seems like an average hotel. Roo.s are clean and its very quiet which surprised me. The staff were amazing. Everyone I dealt with had a great attitude. They are pet friendly.

Date of stay: December 2020
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jesse Duenas, Guest Services / Front Office at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed 1 December 2020

Our whole room smelled like someone had been smoking cigarettes in the room or cat pee we couldn’t tell, carpet was nasty, but did have nice location. I felt nauseous from the smell the whole time in the room.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jesse Duenas, Guest Services / Front Office at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2020

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. Please contact the hotel to provide us with more information.

Reviewed 20 November 2020

Enjoyed my time here at the Best Western at Mission Bay. Everyone was very friendly and the rooms are really clean as well. Location is right off the 5 freeway and next to Mission Bay. Great value for location and price too... I will definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: November 2020
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jesse Duenas, Guest Services / Front Office at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2020

Thank you. We appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed 9 October 2020

I'm very sorry but as a Best Western rewards member I feel compelled to review what little experience I had at this motel.

The man at the front desk was very nice, although he wore his mask below his nose while I checked in with my children, which, as a nurse, irritates me.

The parking lot was crowded, we couldn't park at all near the elevator and since we had booked a 3-night stay we had a bit to carry up to our third floor room.

There were a few men sitting scattered around the parking lot with cases of beer next to them, staring at my little kids and me during our every move. It felt creepy and a little threatening.

The room next to ours had its door open and the couple inside were smoking I'm not sure what and playing their music very loud.

When we got in our room it felt old and dirty and the bathroom sink wouldn't drain. For over $150/night it was really a horrible deal.

I called Best Western and the motel let us immediately check out, refunding the 3 nights I had paid. For this I am immensely grateful.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Verbeaco
Jesse Duenas, Guest Services / Front Office at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2020

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.We will speak to all of our team members to make sure they are all following proper COVID precautions. We will also discuss adding security to ensure the safety of our hotel.