Free wi-fi is very spotty from the top floor/4th-floor area.
No hot water in the beginning (20 minutes running the shower). Maintenance man came and ran the water for a long time and mentioned that it takes longer for the hot water to run up the pipes up to the fourth floor. Issue resolved promptly and appreciated that.
Breakfast is mostly cold. Hot fare consists of instant oatmeal, some eggs sausage, and make your own waffles. Sufficient for a free amenity. Breakfast room will be crowded, esp. on weekends.
Rooms appear remodeled and refurbished. We booked a king room, but were upgraded to a suite due to overbooking of king rooms. Very spacious and only some hallway noise, but never heard adjacent rooms until we exited the room and could hear our neighbors. A surprise. Pillows are very square/small, but beds were clean and comfortable.
Parking fee of $8.95. While there is free street parking, as others noted, it gets crowded, as there's another motel across the street. This secured covered parking fee is inexpensive for an urban city in CA. Average parking rates in LA, San Francisco, and even San Diego would easily be $15-30 per day.
John at check-in was pleasant and nice. Recommend for families, but also for solo or couples of all ages traveling with a car when it's off-peak season. I'd imagine during summer, the hotel might be even more crowded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether it's for a family vacation, a romantic getaway or when you're traveling on business, you can’t beat the friendly service and comfortable accommodations offered at the Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo/SeaWorld. This Choice Hotels’ Gold Hospitality Award winner offers a convenient location, excellent service and extra amenities, all backed by our Signature Guarantee. -Located on San Diego’s famous Hotel Circle, 5 minutes to SeaWorld, Zoo, Downtown and San Diego’s world-famous beaches -Five minutes from the new Riverwalk Golf Course and Mission and Fashion Valley Malls -Free deluxe breakfast buffet includes an assortment of pastries and muffins, toast, fresh fruit, choice of hot and cold cereals with milk, espresso, coffee, tea and a variety of juices. -Winner of Choice Hotels’ Gold Hospitality Award recognizing exceptional service, facilities and hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / Seaworld Area Hotel San Diego
- Comfort Inn And Suites Zoo / Seaworld Area
- Comfort Inn Hotel Zoo
- San Diego Comfort Inn Suites Zoo
- Comfort Inn San Diego Zoo
- Comfort Inn Suite Zoo Sea World