12 people are viewing this hotel
Priceline
Free cancellation until 26/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$401
SAVE US$55
Official SiteUS$456
Hotels.comUS$456
Expedia.comUS$456
1,807 results
All reviews ocean front partial ocean view oceanfront room pool area board walk pool and hot tub perfect location first floor underground parking restaurants and bars fire pit definitely stay here again housekeeping staff mini fridge la jolla boardwalk balcony
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 May 2021

We have 7 birthday's in May! Our family is spread out across the country from Vermont to Northern California, We decided to have everyone meet at the beach for a quick birthday gathering:)The Blue Sea Beach Hotel was the perfect spot. Great location. The staff was great, Our rooms were all next to each other, the rooms were comfortable as well as the beds and pillows:) We go to the beach every year and this was the first time staying at the Blue Sea. We will definitely be back!

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 7 April 2021 via mobile

You can definitely get a beachfront room, and all in with tax and fees it came to $350 a night. If I had to do again I’d research vacation rentals on the beach to compare as our room was pretty small and dated. Plus we were on first floor and had a handicap sign in the middle of our balcony and a really bright street light out front. They follow COVID controls, which is great but also disappointing as we didn’t get a chance to enjoy the fire pit or their lobby arcade (I appreciate the adherence to controls, just something to be aware of while the world still is what it is)

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank smitha135
Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

Couldn't wait to get back to the beach. Restaurants have lots of outdoor dining options and staying at the Blue Sea Beach Hotel at an ocean front room sitting on the balcony eating takeout was an even better option. Perfect location for a perfect beach getaway!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank mermaidlisa2019
Aron Gunver, General Manager at Blue Sea Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2021

I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to write us a review about your recent stay. We sincerely appreciate you as a loyal guest and would like to express our gratitude. Your continued support and patronage mean more than you know.

Thank you once again and we'll be watching out for your return.

Reviewed 17 December 2020

We came for a long weekend, and stayed 10 days. The manager upgraded us to an oceanfront view. It was just too good. Falling asleep to the sound of the ocean every night, waking up to a view of the ocean. It was amazing. Then the heated pool just steps away. The rooms have been updated, and very clean, so don't let the dated exterior fool you. The balcony is a good size and private- no neighbors able to peek in. The staff was helpful with any needs. I would recommend not staying on the parking lot side, as it can get a bit noisy with people coming and going.

Room tip: I would not recommend staying on the parking lot side, as it can get noisy with people coming and going from the beach.
Date of stay: December 2020
3  Thank dougrQ1503PK
Aron Gunver, General Manager at Blue Sea Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2021

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience with us. I am so glad your great experience started with our Assistant GM, Mike. I will personally thank Mike for exceeding your expectations.

If I can ever assist you with any future reservations please feel free to contact me directly at ggunver@blueseabeachhotel.com. We look forward to your return!

Thanks,

Reviewed 10 December 2020

If you are looking for a simultaneously fun and relaxing getaway in San Diego..This is the place to stay! Not only is the location incredible for things to do (bars, restaurants, biking, surfing, everything), but you can also just hang out on the balcony and watch the waves and the world go by on the boardwalk. I could literally spend the whole weekend just doing that. The amenities are great..we had a wet bar, microwave, fridge in the room and quite possible the MOST comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The room was immaculate with really cute beach decor and art. There was PLENTY of room and even a place to park my bike out of the way right inside the room. All of the staff was super friendly and helpful as well. This is going to be my go-to place on the beach from now on! You will NOT want to miss staying here...be sure to book the OCEAN FRONT room!

Room tip: Ask for Ocean FRONT rather than ocean view which is more of a side view to the ocean.
Date of stay: December 2020
3  Thank alfamare2003

I want to thank you personally for taking the time to write us a review about your recent stay. We take pride in our hotel and we're glad you enjoyed all we have to offer. The ocean views and the convenience of location really can't be beat! We hope to see you again soon so that we're able to provide more awesome memories for you.

Thank you.