“Wonderful stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar
Ranked #16 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

We stayed at the Hilton for 3 nights with a 3 year old and 10 month old. The staff was very accommodating with our requests and house cleaning did a great job. The room was bigger than I expected and comes with a fridge and microwave. It's a very family friendly room and has a great breakfast buffet and made to order entrees. Would stay again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Urmi U

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012 via mobile

This hotel would get five stars except their Internet service is horrible. I have stayed here around once a month for years. The staff is always fantastic, rooms are clean and the atmosphere is professional and welcoming. Truly a home away from home. But the simplest task on the internet slows to a crawl. As a professional programmer the internet service is essentially unusable for anything beyond reading news. YouTube or other video cannot be used. Downloading an attachment on an email will take forever - and forget remote desktop over VPN. I will continue to stay at this location now that I read that the are fixing the service but I will find another hotel if it does not support all of the above services in the next trip or two.

Stayed March 2012
2 Thank MaypoJMV
HGIAGM, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear MaypoJMV,

I want to begin by thanking you for your review and all your kind words. We truly strive to make our property a “home away from home.” Each employee is dedicated to providing our guests with the exceptional service that you have become accustomed to. I am pleased to announce that our Internet upgrade will be complete by Tuesday April 24th, 2012! We understand that a quality high speed internet is essential to the productivity of our guests. We have upgraded the internet speed to far surpass the requirement for our property. I want to assure you that the internet upgrade has been of the highest priority and thank you for your cooperation throughout this process. We hope you will visit us soon to enjoy all our wonderful property has to offer.

Best Regards,

Andrew Kalfayan
Assistant General Manager
Hilton Garden Inn San Diego/Del Mar
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

This hotel was in a great locattion within walking distance of most of the major attractions of the city. The rooms were tastefully decorated, and the staff was unfailingly charming and helpful plus all the facilities. By choosing this hotel, you can be assured of having a wonderful experience in this marvelous city.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wassilik k
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Great location. Clean. Friendly and helpful staff. Good food, including a great breakfast service.

Room Tip: Nothing to fault about the hotel. Only change I would make is the bar could stay one longer. They...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Basing325
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

First off, I really do like this hotel. I've stayed there several times. It is very nice, clean and well decorated. The staff is the friendliest around. They remembered my name and said, "Hello" or "Good Morning" every time they saw me. The housekeepers don't disturb your belongings but clean the room very well. The reason I have marked this location as average is because of their internet and cell service. The wireless internet is terrible. It could not be slower. Trying to get work down is extremely frustrating. Also, the cell phone connectivity is just as terrible. I am not sure if the local terrain plays a factor in that or not, but the hotel really needs a cell repeater to boost the signal. I lost service many times in the conference room with my iPhone. I really hate to rate the hotel the way I have because it is so fantastic in so many ways, but if you are on travel for business and need a steady, half-way decent wireless capability or strong cell connectivity, you might want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank QuinnEskimo
HGIAGM, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Dear Matt939,

I'd like to begin by thanking you for your review. Guest comments provide us the opportunity to constantly improve. With the advent of technology, we can't rest solely on our "wow" customer service. We need to challenge our technology providers to constantly step up and improve the "tech" side as well.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the cell phone signal may have caused you. Unfortunately, AT&T does not have a strong signal in the area, however we are hoping that AT&T will take us up on our offers to place a cell tower in the immediate area to increase service. As to the wireless service problem you encountered, recently we have noticed that our wireless signal is weakened when we have large groups on property. While yours was the first complaint on this subject, we have started the process to upgrade our wireless service and should have it upgraded very quickly.

I was pleased to hear that our team was able to provide you with a high level of service as they are dedicated to making every guest feel welcome. We hope that you will return to see the upgrades in the very near future and thanks again for the candid feedback.

Best Regards,