All reviewsborder crossingmexican bordertijuana airportihg membercarl's jrquiet areafront deskbusiness tripplace to staynice amenitiesthe san diego zoowalking distancefree breakfastroom was largehietvcoworker
Reviewed 10 April 2018

The hotel was very nice, clean and modern.They have a nice continental breakfast and area,it was too cold when I was there to check out the pool but it appeared nice. The location leaves a lot to be desired though if your on vacation, the hotel is literally in the middle of a warehouse district and there are no restaurants in walking distance. If you were on business it would be fine and it is only two blocks form the Mexican border should you be travelling that way.

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 17 March 2018

I have stayed here several times for work. It is a nice, clean, friendly place to stay. This last time, I took an opportunity to try and check in at lunch time. I guess I was to be "upgraded" to a suite and it was not ready. They did however have a regular room and I took it. This time was only 1 night, so a suite was totally unnecessary for me. It is a nice, heme-like place to stay when you have to be in this area. The breakfast is nice to have so handy. Gloria at the front desk is a gem for this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Stephanie D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Diego Otay Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at our recently renovated property. I will be sure to pass on the kudos to Gloria.

We look forward to having you stay with us during your next visit to the area.

Hospitably yours,

Stephanie Downs

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

If you're planning travel to México and dont want to stay at tijuana, I recommend you to get a room here. It's located just from a mile from the border with Otay Mesa (Tijuana) and it is walking distance. The hotel it's clean with good standards, continental breakfast is included with your rate. Have a small fitness room , pretty small business center and right out side you will find the swimming pool and jacuzzi.

Pretty much there's nothing around there, it's more like a kind industrial area, but with a good options about 30 minutes driving.

I really like that hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

This hotel has quickly become my favorite for whenever I need to travel into Tijuana. It’s clean, serves hot breakfast and is in walking distance from the Otay international border ... the Staff is wonderful and is always looking for ways to better serve you.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2017

stayed here due to last minute circumstances, their manager on duty was so accommodating and professional...loved the lobby...it was so clean...my room was nice..check in was quick..unfortunately I can only give a 5 star rating..wished it was more coz this place deserves it.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo