Lowest prices for your stay
US$169
Hotels.comUS$157
Expedia.comUS$157
Lol.travelUS$255
1,946 results
All reviews gaslamp district rooms are small horton plaza two bottles of water great boutique shower door convention center restaurant downstairs within walking distance per night homeless people corner room gas lamp valet parking front desk staff fridge and microwave balboa park
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 March 2020

We stayed at the Sofia Hotel in March and we're very impressed with it. The people at the front desk were engaging and knowledgeable about San Diego. Our room was small, but clean and the bed and pillows were comfortable. The amenities included a coffee maker and an iron & board. The hotel has a restaurant with good food and service. (It's a bit noisy in the evening due to the bar). The hotel is centrally located and we were able to walk to the Gaslamp area and to Seaport Village.

Date of stay: March 2020
2  Thank Joanne S
Reviewed 5 March 2020

Although this may be a fantastic hotel, I do not know. I called a day in advance to cancel my reservation and was told there was a 48 hour notice required. I was attempting to utilize a smaller hotel versus my typical use of Marriott or Hilton. These type of policies solidifies my previous decision to use these larger hotel chains due to their ease of use, consistent products and cancellation policies.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Guide16451992264
Reviewed 4 March 2020

Safe and quiet area at night. Walking distance between Little Italy and Gas Lamp was manageable. Probably the most efficient check-in/check-out I have been a part of. Staff was courteous and friendly.

2  Thank 77e8u1ms67
Reviewed 28 February 2020

xI have a partially herniated disc in my thoracic spine. The bed in the hotel caused excruciating pain. I called the front desk in the middle of the night asking if all beds were the same and was told yes. I had no choice but to move hotels. Upon checking out later that morning, I was given the option of staying one more night to 'give another bed a try' even though the man at the desk told me already - and even then - that the beds were all the same. The level of pain I was in was extreme and the hotel staff could have cared less. All they cared about is money. I am disgusted. I'll never stay at any Sofia hotel again and I'll tell every one I know to avoid this place. I also formed a complaint with my employer (20K employees) and I hope they black list the hotel. My experience was awful.

1  Thank mandyj0ye
Reviewed 26 February 2020

My stay was nice. Service was great. Bell hop and attendants were great. Rooms are small, but clean. I enjoyed the yoga classes that were offered MWFSat. I also enjoyed the cookies and infused water in the lobby.

• Trip type: Travelled on business