1,677 results
All reviews gaslamp district rooms are small horton plaza yoga room two bottles of water shower door convention center great boutique restaurant downstairs walking distance per night bathroom floor in room coffee corner room fridge and microwave gas lamp front desk staff
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Small, quaint but with excellent service. Centrally located and convenient to downtown attractions. Independently owned bar in the hotel was convenient in the afternoon. Gas Lamp District nearby. Only a short walk to the train station and the waterfront.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2017

The Sophia is a wonderful hotel which is clean, quiet, and centrally located. I recommend it highly. It is a very nice hotel with a very accommodating staff. I also enjoyed the free yoga class and walking tour. Prices are also reasonable.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights with my husband and toddler while visiting family and friends in San Diego. We checked in about nine or ten pm due to traffic. The lady who checked us in was very matter of fact, no small talk or chitchat, once she was done with her spiel she let us go. Take note that they will do a hold on your card worth $150 for 'just in case' and when you check out you will be charged a guest services fee at I think $12.99 per night if am not mistaken. We paid around $41 for the three nights.

Breakfast not included in the room. But a Coffee Bean is right below.

We had a nice street view showing the marquee of some theater down the street. Location is fantastic as the Westfield Horton is about two blocks down.

Staff don't greet guests when they pass by. No warmth whatsoever which I found strange as they work in the Hospitality industry. Front desk staff were preoccupied chatting with each other which I noticed the few times we went in and out of the hotel.

Sleep quality is good and cleanliness also good. Toiletries included for the price. Two water bottles daily.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank starfish2010
Reviewed 1 December 2017

I have stayed for 3 nights as a solo traveler. First of all location is great if you want to use public transportation. Many close bus and tram stops nearly everywhere in San Diego. The bus stop for 992 from and to airport is just in front of the Hotel and train station for Amtrak is in 10 minutes walk or one bus stop away from Hotel. The fifth street which is famous with restaurants so close. Cleaning and all the other service were very good. I had a safe box problem but they have changed the room immediately. It is a little bit old hotel with old furnitures and walls were not very sound proof. These are my only negative comments and were not a very big deal for me. Other than that I can strongly recommend this Hotel especially if you want to enjoy San Diego without a car.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank islmlty
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Our experience started with Alex checking us in and was just THE MOST polite hotel check in ever. He was thorough and soft spoken which was valuable seeing as we were getting in late and after a long plane ride.
The pillows and mattress were the most comfortable that we've ever experienced.
It was attached to a great restaurant THE CURRANT though you cannot bill to the room.
We had a noisy neighbor for the evening of Halloween weekend and the hotel swiftly resolved the issue with absolutely no drama.
The location is great too. it's within walking distance to GASLAMP district.
We loved this hotel!!