“Great Food, Excellent Service & Monthly Specials!”
Review of Katana Sushi

Katana Sushi
Ranked #1,149 of 5,266 Restaurants in San Diego
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I've been to Katana several times now and it's become my new favorite neighborhood sushi restaurant. The service is on point - food comes out quickly, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and I always get a great table. The food is excellent, from the sushi rolls to the miso soup. LOVE the dressing on the house salad. They also often offer monthly specials which can include up to half off certain rolls for dine-in. Definitely check their website to see the current specials.

The only downside is that there can be a bit of a wait during prime dinner time on weekends, but I've only ever had to wait about 15 minutes to be seated.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

There were four of us so we ordered a variety of sushi. The restaurant was really busy, so we thought we would have to wait awhile. Our waiter apologized for a delay in taking our order. We ask him some questions and for some suggestions. He was very pleasant and patient with us. We did not consider it a delay for how busy it was.
We were set up with plates, ginger and wasabi while we waited. The sushi came in a timely manner. Our water glasses were refilled regularly. We all loved our selections and shared.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised with Katana. Wasn't sure what to expect since didn't look up reviews before visiting but we enjoyed our meal greatly. A nice perk is, for the month of January there are 8 rolls that are 50% off- we got 3 and they were all great (ninja, moon, and crunchy rolls). They also have a sake deal. We got the green tea tempura ice cream to finish and again greatly enjoyed it (was huge and could have fed 2-3 people). Staff were very nice and helpful. Recommend Katana, we will be back

Reviewed 24 December 2017

The restaurant and service are nice and friendly. Located near several other places in a strip mall. Parking is not too bad.

The food is good and most rolls are $12-$18 range. Plenty of sushi options to choose from but they also have appetizers, salads, etc.

For dine in they have some rolls and beer specials at 50% off and for take out 30% off.

I have been there twice now. The service is fairly quick, and rolls came out pretty frequently.

My favorite roll is the baked scallop roll, very decadent, amazing flavor, delicious.

The salmon steak roll was pretty good as well, but not as decadent as the baked roll.

Went with group of 7 and we each ordered 2 different rolls, so we got 14 different rolls and we all got to try a piece of each of 14 different rolls. They were all good, but some were too spicy for me. they did forget 1 of our rolls but when we pointed it out they made it right away.

I have not tried the appetizers, salad, sashimi, etc. The edamame is ok, but the same as every other place that serves edamame.

It is good sushi but expensive compared to some other places that are just as good or offer all you can eat.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

This place is my go to for fast sushi at a great price point. I highly recommend their red snow roll. The staff always make me feel welcome, overall a pleasant experience.