All reviews front desk taco bell soccer tournament free weights recommend this hotel the general manager torrey pines a lot of noise yogurt three nights parking fee one night stay bathroom door free breakfast easy access king bed inns
Reviewed 18 October 2018

Stayed at this hotel for a wedding nearby, and couldn't have been happier with our choice. The hotel was very clean, service was great, and the location was convenient to highways, beaches, and to get down into San Diego.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

I was concern because some people were complaining about the renovation on the hotel and was noisy... I didn’t heard any noise...
Well situated near hwy 5 and near many restaurants and also closed to the beach.
Rooms are very nice and nicely renovated.The only thing is not great is the bathroom door...it is not very private...
Nice swimming pool and hot tub well used....
Parking quite expensive $20.00 but the deal I got still made the hotel a nice price....
I will be back!

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 16 September 2018

Recently experienced a flood and had to stay in a hotel for awhile. I selected this place because it was covered by my insurance and for proximity sake to my home. My insurance took care of everything so checking it was quite easy. They had my reservation and within a minute or two, I had key card for a room.

They have free parking beneath the hotel that is very nice. It's secured by a gate and accessible with your room key card. The parking spaces are large and just about anywhere you park you are close to an elevator to go to your room. The parking garage is surprisingly clean.

The rooms are like little studio apartments complete with sink, stove and dishwasher. It comes complete with plates, dishes, glasses, flatware and some basic cookware. The refrigerator has an ice maker and is big enough to store a weeks worth of groceries if you wanted to.

There is a couch, small dining table and desk in the living area. The bathroom has a rather large shower with soap, conditioner and shampoo dispensers on the wall. I had a king bed and near the desk is a 40" flat screen TV. They have cable channels but you can connect something like a Fire stick or Apple TV to the flat screen to watch other shows if you want. The bed was okay, but not the most comfortable like you would get at a JW Marriott.

They provide a complimentary breakfast every morning that is excellent! Eggs, bacon, sausage, rice, fresh fruits, hard boiled eggs, cereals, breads, yogurts and so much more every morning. Almost every evening they have something going on to get the people staying here together. One night there is complimentary wine and beer (surprisingly though they don't use any of the local breweries).

And the staff are very accommodating. I asked to switch rooms due to some noise and while I was at work they moved all of my belongings to the other room for me. All of the staff from the front desk to the ladies cleaning the rooms were very friendly and helpful.

The only downside I could find was the air conditioning. It works great, but the A/C unit is right next to the bed and when it would run at night, it was pretty disturbing trying to sleep with that noise. It's odd because they could have easily built it facing away from the bed and it would have been so much quieter. This isn't something they can fix because it would require a major construction on the part of the hotel. Unfortunately, I was there during some of the hottest days of the summer and needed to run the A/C even at night.

It really is a nice place and I could even imagine living in a place like this if I were to downsize. Very accommodating and comfortable. Only blocks from major highways, grocery stores, theater and more than 20 restaurants. Wi-Fi is included with the room.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
SirpaR43, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I appreciate you choosing to stay with us in Del Mar and am pleased you were able to stay close to home while staying with us.

We pride ourselves in creating a home away from home atmosphere for our guests. I do apologize for any inconvenience with the AC location in your guest room, it is the same in all of our studio suites, due to the layout of the rooms.

Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your feedback. I will be certain to share your kind comments with my team.

Warm regards
Sirpa

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a week with family. The rooms are nice and clean and the staff is extremely accommodating and courteous. The location of the hotel, Carmel Valley, is beautiful. I would definitely recommend this place.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Sirpa R, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Good morning Moshe,

Thank you for your feedback, we strive to ensure our guests have a memorable stay and appreciate your comments regarding our courteous staff.

We hope to host you again when your travels bring you back to Del Mar.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 weeks. Right across from the office.
Stay was ok. Rooms clean. When I came back the door was open twice. So be careful. Try not leave valuables in the room.
The reason why I give this place such a bad review is because of Amber working the “bar” today. After a busy day at work I try to relax so I go downstairs to get some of the complimentary food and one glass of wine. The plates are very small so I put a couple more of the tiny and small slices of flatbread on there. It also was not crowded.
At some point Amber walked over to me in a condescending voice and wanted to dictate me how many plates I am allowed to take and how many slices of flatbread I am allowed to put on there.
Seriously? After spending around 4000$ you tell me how many slices of flatbread I am allowed to take? Amber needs to get fired or assigned to cleaning rooms. As long she does not have to deal with customers.
I am glad there are other places around here. I will let the company know to book me another place next time.
It’s a shame I was planing on leaving a better review. I will check out tomorrow btw. Great job Amber! So dumb and unnecessary.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Sirpa R, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Good morning Denis,

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this incident with my associate caused you in checking out early from our hotel.

As a teachable moment, I have followed up with her to ensure she is aware of how to approach a guest in a non-condescending manner. This is an unusual comment about Amber, so I will definitely be diving a bit deeper to ensure this was an isolated incident.

Our evening MIX is in place for guests to enjoy a light snack with complimentary wine or beer and unwind from their day. I am sorry this was not your experience.

If there is anything else I can do to make your impression of your stay a more positive one. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards