“Near our house”

La Playa Taco Shop
Ranked #29 of 5,550 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

The best Mexican quickie that you can imagine. Breakfast burrito that will bring joy to your stomach, fish tacos, anything in the menu made quick and authentic. Great prices.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

We stopped in at this little unassuming taco shop twice during our stay in San Diego as it was near our hotel. Once we dined in and once we took our food to go. We loved the fish and shrimp tacos as well as the guacamole. The food was hot and fresh. The place was always busy, but the wait was not long.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Walked, found great food , great service. The chips ,

Salsa and guacamole were fresh and authentic. We had tacos, burritos and enchiladas. All loved it. All ate until we were stuffed. The kids took a little home.
Definitely will return when back in town.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

My daughter and son-in-law took me to this place while I was visiting SD because I had to have Mexican food - you just can't get decent Mexican food where I live. The food was basic Mexican but was excellent. I liked it so much I went back by myself for lunch a few days later. On my two visits I was greeted by two different people behind the cash register; both were very friendly and made me feel like they appreciated my business. A new favorite when I visit San Diego.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Small take out place with the best authentic Mexican food. I had the quesadilla and my son had the burrito. Both were very good. Reasonable prices. The shop has some tables and chairs, but limited. We sat outside to enjoy the warm evening.