Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$154
View deal
PricelineUS$154
Fairfield InnUS$154
Hotels.comUS$154
Expedia.comUS$154
Agoda.comUS$154
FindHotelUS$154
All reviews front desk street parking free breakfast within walking distance the breakfast area holiday inn express computers
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 February 2020

The description for this hotel said it was newly renovated. That is false. This is the most dated Fairfield I’ve ever seen. The room was very dated, dirty and I could clearly hear the neighbors tv next door and the floor above squeaked every time they took a step.

I've never written a poor review for a hotel, but after seeing how my concerns were handled, I was very frustrated. I actually left this hotel and stayed elsewhere. Would not recommend.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank aaronbD5224KT
Dvecchione, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott San Diego Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2020

Dear aaronbD5224KT,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am sorry we fell short in meeting your expectations. Our hotel was renovated last year and has the latest Fairfield room décor and finishes. I understand opinions can vary when it come to a new aesthetic and I guess the new color scheme and patterns are just not to your taste. I hope you will continue to stay at Fairfields in your travels and hope you will give us another chance in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 January 2020

This hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of Old Town San Diego. It's also just a few miles from most other San Diego attractions and less than 2 miles from the airport. It's a quiet hotel, the staff are very friendly and helpful and they have a free breakfast in the lobby every morning. The breakfast area can get pretty busy mid morning but there are several tables both inside and outside in the courtyard. Good choices for the breakfast too. Would definitely recommend this hotel! Parking at the hotel is $25/night. Nothing else is available except on street parking.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank rsbdesign
Reviewed 18 January 2020

This hotel is excellent. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are beyond comfortable. The wifi was great, and they have computers in the lobby for free use. The free breakfast was very good. The bed and pillows were great. The shampoo and soap was great. They even have guest laundry which was convenient for our long trip.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank CaptainCookieDaddy
Reviewed 8 November 2019

The only hesitation I have in recommending this property to others is the difficulty I experienced in checking in, and what I perceived to be poor attitudes. The front desk staff seemed perturbed when I requested a room away from the pool area and closer to the interior courtyard, to include a room that had a more comfortable chair in addition to the ergonomic desk chair, for evening relaxation. They seemed frustrated at this request and didn't appear to know that a two queen room was advertised as having two chairs. I have stayed at this hotel for decades, and am one of their more frequent visitors, or have been, and to not only not be greeted and welcomed but then to experience this level of impatience, was surprising, and not expected, but maybe they were having a bad day. Dating from when this property was first a Ramada, then a Holiday Inn Express, I had never felt unwelcome, which is why I won't return to this property so long as the current management remains. I have always perceived this hotel to be a home away from home, and an important ingredient to feeling that way is feeling that I am a welcomed guest who is appreciated. To be fair, the hotel is in a great location and it is well maintained. The room was clean and well maintained, but there are other hotels in the immediate area and I regret being a burden to the front desk staff.

Room tip: Rooms facing east or west, facing streets, may experience traffic noise, which can be heavy as vehicles travel into Old Town.
Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Odysseus46
Dvecchione, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott San Diego Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2019

Dear Odysseus46,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am so sorry to hear we fell short on your most recent visit. I can assure you that this behavior will not be tolerated and that actions will be taken to correct this. I hope you will continue to stay with us and give us another chance to make it up to you. Thank you so much for your feedback. I hope to see you again soon.

best regards,

Reviewed 19 October 2019

Nice place. close to airport, walking distance to old town, lots of bars and places to eat, great breakfast in the morning, 25 dollars for parking but plenty of street parking, computers not working, could not print boarding passes

Date of stay: October 2019