“Georgia's Greek Cuisine is delicious!”

Georgia's Greek Quisine
Ranked #663 of 5,482 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 24 February 2016

This is located in a strip mall. The owners are from Greece. They obviously take lots of care in making their food. The Saganaki appetizer is the best I've ever eaten. Lamb chops were delicious! Great Gyro sandwich. Everything was served with obvious care. Great dining experience. The porch area is nicely decorated and homey. Definitely worth a visit if looking for Greek food in San Diego.

1  Thank ceedob

Reviewed 18 February 2016

Georgia is often on the premises and her commitment to excellence is one thing that makes her place special. I've had several lunches here and have always had good food.
The prices are modest and the decor nice but not pretentious. There is also a nice selection of wines and beer to choose from. If you prefer there is also an enclosed patio to dine in.

Reviewed 12 February 2016

The best meals we've had in Greece start with a visit to the kitchen to choose the dinner. Well, although that doesn't happen at Georgia's, a trip to the restroom leads through the kitchen, where you see an impressive and delicious layout of foods under preparation. We had the dolmathes dinner and the Greek chicken, both excellent. I love the feel of this place, too.

Reviewed 31 December 2015

We arrived on a weeknight during the winter holidays, and were seated right away despite being a nearly full restaurant. Our poor waitress must have been the only one working tables that night as she frantically dashed around the entire time, yet we were very well taken care of. Food was very good, the meal started with some of the best pita bread I've had. I ordered the greek 1/2 chicken and my wife had a vegetarian sampler plate with spanakopita and falafel. Plenty of authentic greek wines to complete the meal. The only food disappointment were the "seasonal vegetables" that appeared to be canned beans, however they were well seasoned in greek style so they weren't bad, just not as fresh as the rest of the meal.

Reviewed 22 December 2015

My wife and I had a wonderful lunch at Georgia's our first time there, so we decided to come back for dinner a few weeks later. We stood for five minutes before being acknowledged or seated. We sat in the outdoor patio and were told that the heater was out of order, but a man came and took the heater and lit it for a larger dinner party. It was in the fifties outside.
My wife ordered spanakopita, which looked like a fried burrito when it arrived. it apparently had been microwaved, as she could not cut through the crust with a knife. I had the beef kabob, which had 5 small pieces of beef, of which four were cooked to the point of being shoe leather. The "seasonal fresh vegetables" consisted of watery canned green beans laced with a mix of frozen peas, carrots, and lima beans. The rice was very watery and tastless. We were astounded at how the food could be so good one time and so atrocious the next. Overall it was a gigantic waste of nearly $50 and a huge disappointment.