“New La Jolla Location”

Sugar and Scribe Bakery - Fine Foods
Price range: US$11 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Pacific Beach
Description: Restaurant with full menu of fine foods, savories and baked goods. Indoor and patio dining as well as gourmet Take-Away items. Rated San Diego's Top Bakery 2014 by S.D. A-List. Specializing in from-scratch custom wedding and celebration cakes, pies, cupcakes and a wide range of sweet and savory baked items.
Reviewed 10 March 2015

We arrived just three days after opening at their new location in La Jolla.Four of us went for breakfast. We had to order at the cash desk then choose a table,and wait for our food. Giving our order took some time as the cashier was new. Once seated the coffees arrived first, excellent cappuccino.Three had orange juice but one was forgotten. It eventually came. The food arrived at different times which was a little awkward. The waffles were very good, one guest had just a pastry and another the eggs with bacon. The cost was $75.00 for four, with tip which seemed a bit high. It's a pleasant place and I am sure it will settle down to be more efficient. We had to ask them to turn the rather loud musc down which they did at once.

Reviewed 27 October 2014 via mobile

There were five us and we all tried something different. Not a one was a disappointment. I love trying new bakeries and am so glad we didn't pass this one by. I wish I could have tried everything I wanted to, but I'd still be there.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This was recommended to me by a former guest of mine when I was a Concierge in Maine. From the outside it looks like the cutest cupcake and sweets shop, but also boasts some amazing breakfast. On the owner's recommended, I had the bacon, sunny side up egg and three cheese croissant with arugala. It was a a purely scrumptious mess! I wish I had a breakfast and desert place this good close to home. I also purchased a dozen assorted cupcakes for the office and quickly became everyone's best friend. If you do not have an appetite for a large cupcake, stick with the minis...they are just as great!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Staying at the Crystal Pier, we walked to the bakery to buy my 'Birthday' cake. We selected 3 regular cupcakes and we selected several of the minis. The cake was moist, flavors are intense and the icing was very good. I believe these cupcakes are better than the 'over rated' Sprinkles'. I would definitely make a special stop to buy cupcakes to take home if I found myself in the area. I would definitely recommend this bakery. The staff were very friendly and took pictures of me and my daughters to document my special birthday. This is a bakery only.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

We stopped at this beautifully decorated bakery, cafe style. I felt I was in a small town bakery, the (forgot her name-sorry) owner/baker comes from a long line of bakers from Ireland. The pictures on the wall give you an idea that this is done as an art. We had not tasted our purchases but on our drive back home we were overjoyed. We purchased the small cupcakes and she carefully packed them in a pretty box, we brought sugar cookies for our daughter. Everything tasted so fresh and the flavor was magnificent. This will be added to our favorite spots.

1  Thank azinca