“Great Cupcakes, plus they have 'minis' so you can try several”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sugar and Scribe Bakery - Fine Foods
Price range: US$11 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Pacific Beach
Description: Restaurant with full menu of fine foods, savories and baked goods. Indoor and patio dining as well as gourmet Take-Away items. Rated San Diego's Top Bakery 2014 by S.D. A-List. Specializing in from-scratch custom wedding and celebration cakes, pies, cupcakes and a wide range of sweet and savory baked items.
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Staying at the Crystal Pier, we walked to the bakery to buy my 'Birthday' cake. We selected 3 regular cupcakes and we selected several of the minis. The cake was moist, flavors are intense and the icing was very good. I believe these cupcakes are better than the 'over rated' Sprinkles'. I would definitely make a special stop to buy cupcakes to take home if I found myself in the area. I would definitely recommend this bakery. The staff were very friendly and took pictures of me and my daughters to document my special birthday. This is a bakery only.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

We stopped at this beautifully decorated bakery, cafe style. I felt I was in a small town bakery, the (forgot her name-sorry) owner/baker comes from a long line of bakers from Ireland. The pictures on the wall give you an idea that this is done as an art. We had not tasted our purchases but on our drive back home we were overjoyed. We purchased the small cupcakes and she carefully packed them in a pretty box, we brought sugar cookies for our daughter. Everything tasted so fresh and the flavor was magnificent. This will be added to our favorite spots.

1  Thank azinca
Reviewed 22 February 2013

My wife and i went to this place based on a recommendation from the owner of the house we are renting in Mission Beach. The first time, we stopped by for pastries with coffee and tea. The second time was to pick up some of great looking cup cakes we saw for dessert with friends.... We have now lost count! Each and every product we have purchased was freshly made on the premisses and we found them to be as good as any we have eaten anywhere... and trust me, we have eaten pastries in a lot of big and small bakeries throughout this great country.
Also, we had the opportunity to speak with the owner on several occasions. It is readily apparent that she is passionate about her work. She was super friendly as was each employee we came in contact with during our visits.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

This place is nothing but sugary homemade deliciousness! We just happened to walk by this place while we were on vacation and I'm so glad we did! The owner was very nice and even made sure to tell us how great the fresh scones would be if we popped them in the microwave (and they were!). My favorite were the heart-shaped shortbread almond cookies. They are so fresh and yummy that I made sure to go back and get some to take home when I left San Diego :)

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I had driven by many a time and finally decided to try them when the occasion arose for my son's birthday. They did an adorable Cars-themed cake. It was fantastic -- triple-layer lemon with raspberry in between plus buttercream frosting. When I came in to pick it up a) they were super friendly and b) I realized I must return ASAP to sample all their amazing cupcakes, pies and more. This is a great place in PB, and all of San Diego for that matter. Go, go!

1  Thank Marie F