Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$80
PricelineUS$80
Hotels.comUS$80
eDreamsUS$80
FindHotelUS$100
Agoda.comUS$80
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 October 2019

Great stay. Hotel room is older but adequate. Bed very comfortable. A mile walk to my conference at the Convention Center, but a safe walk. The window in my room opened to let in the perfect climate -- and locked securely. What made the stay terrific though was the staff: Marie, who prepared my room spotlessly clean before my arrival. Juan who listened to my needs, told me how to get to the convention center, and recommended the perfect restaurant. Brennan who helped me get my boarding pass for my return plane trip. Everyone I met was helpful, polite, and concerned about my satisfaction.

Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank whocares543
6Team, Team6 at Motel 6 San Diego, CA - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2019

We are glad you had a great experience and appreciate your feedback! We look forward to providing you with all of your future lodging needs.

Reviewed 9 October 2019

last minute change to this hotel and from the moment I entered the staff where excellent ,the room was comfortable and clean good price and didn't insist on a deposit like some hotels, staff would ring in morning to check if you needed house keeping instead of banging on doors like other places, it is close to downtown and transport bus stops outside ,reasonably priced too

Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank refgrade1

Thank you for sharing your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Until the next time, We’ll Leave the Light on For You!

Reviewed 8 October 2019 via mobile

This is a very average hotel room ! It is clean with private bathroom ! Bed is med to hard ! No extra blankets or pillows , no shampoo or conditioner ! Bit did provide soap ! Room is small ! Location is perfect that you can walk into town ! Gaslight , little Italy , the USS MIDWAY Museum! Free parking is available !

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank freedom1458

Thank you for providing feedback. Your experience is important to us and we appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention.

Reviewed 27 May 2019 via mobile

We planned a last minute trip to San Diego and just wanted a cheap place to stay as we would be doing a lot of exploring. Motel 6 is in a good location, short drive to Gaslamp Quarter and Little Italy and could walk if you wanted to. Clean and neat hotel room with the basics. Friendly reception staff. Allow dogs for no extra which is great. Didn’t hear any noise at night. Has free parking but not underground.

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank Alice R
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 San Diego, CA - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2019

Hi Akkapo,

Thank you for taking time to share your review with us. We love hearing from our guests and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Safe Travels.

Reviewed 25 May 2019

Good lighting in room, decent parking next door in free lot although the spaces are a bit narrow IMO, nice vanity, bathtub, good bed, clean room, fast checkin, good air conditioning, good TV with lots of channels,reasonable price, elevator, seems safe and internally quiet. The negatives being in downtown are ambulance and fire and police sirens on the street so use white noise to mask those. The room is not large by any stretch and I found the shower head water stream to be weak.

Date of stay: May 2019