Lowest prices for your stay
US$167
US$158
HIExpress.comUS$167
Hotels.comUS$167
travelup.comUS$187
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 November 2019

Everything was going great until housekeeping woke me up before 9am seeing if I had checked out. I hadn't. Eeergh.
Other than that, it was good. Exceptionally well taken care of breakfast area.
A good value. I wish they'd bring back the non-Cinnabon cinnamon rolls.

Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank jimbatman
GoPlaces54577328421, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa-San Diego, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2019

Thank you Jimbatman for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I have spoken with our housekeeping department to ensure that this is corrected moving forward. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. We hope to see you you the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed 12 August 2019

Stayed 8/9-8/11 only to find that the property is undergoing major construction. The parking lot is a mess! There are areas where the asphalt is completely torn a part, large pot holes, and huge metal plates covering other massive holes. There is an adjacent building that is undergoing a complete renovation so there are a ton of workers, and trash everywhere. We booked several rooms all of which had hideous views of the parking lot with cars and people that literally pass right by your window. The first morning we awoke to a horrible smell. Peaked in to the hallway to discover that the workers were using the exit door next to our room to come in and out the the building we were staying in which let in this horrible urine/abandoned house smell from the building a few feet away. Fortunately that dissipated by mid-afternoon. Breakfast was good. Hot and cold breakfast options like eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes, cinnabon cinnamon rolls, oatmeal, yogurt, cold hard-boiled eggs, etc. Coffee was surprisingly good! Very neat, orderly and clean breakfast area and staff attentiveness. The pool is in the back of the parking lot which from the outside seems kind of disappointing, but upon entering the pool area was clean and well maintained. There were pool toys as well as lots of lounge chairs. The second morning we discovered we had been overrun by ants! They were all over the bathroom counters and our beauty products. During the trip home we found ants in our car and discovered that the ants had gotten in to our bags which were in the closet across next to the bathroom! Had to spray them with bug spray and leave the bags outside overnight to get rid of them! I did reach out to the hotel the morning after we arrived home and make them aware of the situation and the manager offered a credit as an accommodation. The manager seemed genuinely apologetic which I appreciated.

Room tip: Dont stay on the ground floor
Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Unique R
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa-San Diego, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2019

Hi Unique R,

Thank you for taking the time and consideration to let us know about how your stay was at our hotel. It is with delight to read you appreciate the breakfast experience.

We consistently strive to achieve high standards of a combined sense of comfort and happiness, I am sorry you were disappointed and felt we failed to meet your expectations. The issues you had with the construction, parking lot issue, and overall cleanliness of the property and bathroom is forwarded to the upper management for review. I understand your dismay and I want to assure you we will be more keen on checking the areas you mentioned.

On a positive points, it is good to know the hotel management was able to resolved the issues amicably.

Thank you again for your feedback. Your visit is valued and we hope to have you as our guest in the future so we can provide you a better hotel experience.

Best,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 27 June 2019

The hotel is clean and quiet. Parking is a challenge due to a small parking lot that isn't marked very well. The elevator is small and slow. The room was quiet and clean - beds slept great.

Breakfast room was very small - hard to get your food - everyone waiting on the pancake machine - we had to leave - couldn't get to any food due to lines.

Would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Top Floor in Back very quiet
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2019 via mobile

Arrival: I've stayed at this hotel a few times already, and the staff is always friendly, especially at the front desk. Super easy check-in process. There's a small convenience shop in the front lobby with some items for purchase. They offer a few complimentary toiletries if you forget something, and they leave out a plate of chocolate chip cookies for guests in the lobby!

Location: Excellent location right on Mira Mesa Boulevard. There are plenty of shopping centers and restaurants nearby, and it is close to the freeway. In the same parking lot is another hotel, Denny's, and a few other eateries. Directly across the street is a shopping center with a Trader Joe's. About a 20 minute drive to SAN airport.

Room: The rooms are spacious, clean, and updated with comfortable beds and a decent size bathroom. Rooms are equipped with a closet, hair dryer, TV, microwave, mini fridge, coffee/tea maker, plenty of outlets, and ample lighting. Nothing to complain about in this regard.

Amenities: The rates include breakfast. The breakfast spread is pretty good and has a mix of hot (freshly made pancakes, eggs, sausage, toast, Cinnabon cinnamon buns, oatmeal) and cold (yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, hard boiled eggs). Complimentary tea/coffee and citrus-infused water available around the clock. The gym is well-equipped with a few treadmills, ellipticals, weights, yoga mats, towels, water, bowl of fresh fruit, and a restroom. At different times they were out of water in the cooler, disinfectant wipes for the equipment, and soap in the bathroom.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank TRAVELandTANLINES
Reviewed 19 April 2019 via mobile

I’ll start by pointing out the things we might have overlooked: 1)the one and only elevator breaking down 2)elevator later getting stuck 3)front sliding doors getting taped off 4)parking issues 5)lack of cleaning staff

Our biggest problems are with the charge for a night that we didn’t use. Our group was told we could check out a day early without charge. My husband had made sure the day before that this was true. He had to leave before me to get our boys to the their game with the rest of the team. Others from our group had already checked out with no problem. I thought I would be doing the same; checking out and then heading to the airport to catch my flight home. Instead I was “greeted” by a staff member who seemed preoccupied and upset about something prior to her coming to the front desk. She tells me that I will be charged for that additional night on our 2 rooms. I explain that there is miscommunication as my husband had already taken care of that. She wanted nothing to do with what I had to say. I asked to speak to someone else in charge and it gets worse. My husband had then gotten a hold of me and wanted to speak to her from my phone to explain the situation. He’s trying to take care of this on speaker in his truck while driving an hour away with my sons and a friend. The manager does not want to speak to my husband and continues to proceed and process the extra charge. It gets even worse. I find out on the way to the airport that my husband ended up calling her at the hotel and she takes the route to make erroneous accusations about me. That takes unprofessional and disrespect to another level. We won’t stand for this kind of flat out lying. We are a family and community of character. Our society has let to much of this new defamation of character approach go to far. We can only hope that the Holiday Inn corporation will take this matter seriously and act accordingly. As for us we are sticking to another establishment where the customer is always treated with truth and respect.

Date of stay: April 2019