Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$156
PricelineUS$140
Hotels.comUS$140
Expedia.comUS$140
HurbUS$156
All reviews front desk pool area fire pit convenient location la jolla marriott
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 September 2020 via mobile

It's hard to give a fair review for an establishment that can not run business as usual because of COVID-19 restrictions but here is my assessment under the circumstances.
Hotel was in a convenient location. Parking was plentiful but cost $14 per day which seems ridiculous to me but surrounding hotels charged even more. The lobby was nice and clean. The staff was friendly and attentive. The room was kinda small but clean. The beds were not that comfortable but not horrible. Non smoking hotel but had a covered smoking area which was nice. Had several entrances besides front lobby that was closer to our room so that was also nice. No housekeeping, no breakfast, and had to make an appointment to use the pool because of COVID-19. I understand the restrictions but the beach hotel we stayed at prior that week had no pool restrictions just mask required. The biggest reason for the 3 out of 5 was not COVID-19 related. Our sink over flowed twice. Had water running everywhere and it was sewer water so it was dirty and stunk. Called the front desk at 10pm and they said we would have to change rooms because they had no maintenance at night. I said aren't you going to come see about this now it's kinda an emergency and needs to be dealt with whether we move rooms or not. They said just put a bucket under it. Ummm ok I'll just take care of it myself and so I proceeded to grab a trashcan and empty water from sink to bathtub. I was a bit upset at the situation but they did comp my room that night.
So considering Covid limitations which the staff cannot help my overall experience was not the best but not the worst I have ever had either. I honestly think this would be a great hotel without Covid restrictions.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cat23roberts
Reviewed 9 March 2020

Average room condition, size, etc. HOWEVER- can't beat a room with a real screen door, patio, good pool area, very well stocked lobby bar and restaurant. Good location, no hassles with parking, staff friendly- definitely coming back.

Room tip: ask for a high floor and east view
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Dan E
Reviewed 1 March 2020

I stay here about 4-5 time per year. It’s always clean, reasonably priced and central for downtown San Diego, airport and La Jolla. Staff always seem nice, and food is decent. Safe bet for the business traveller.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank brendank6
Reviewed 25 February 2020 via mobile

As a Marriott Bonvoy member this hotel is a let down. They need to replace carpet (or go with laminate flooring) in the rooms, pull out the peeling wall paper, and give these rooms some fresh air. On the bright side their Bistro and pool are wonderful. Gym is standard but larger than most hotels so that is a plus. Parking is easy but you will be charged 14$ per day.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank duggarnauttravels
LolaS1407, Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2020

Dear duggarnauttravels,

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations.
Please do give us a call or email us with the room you were in so that we can thoroughly check this room.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to San Diego.

Lola Sanchez
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 23 February 2020

First of all-this hotel is beautiful & centrally located to all. We traveled asa family visiting colleges and chose this hotel because of the convenience to local attractions. The front desk staff is outstanding-Lola, Jesus & Leah were so kind and professional. The resort is clean and the beds were super comfy!

Room tip: Even rooms had a balcony & pool view-Upper floor is a plus!
3  Thank DFDreamer1975
Jay I, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2020

Dear Wonderful Stay!

Thank you for your outstanding review of our hotel and staff service.
We take great pride in the service we provide and its always nice when our guests share those experiences.

The hotel is well maintained and in a great location to enjoy all that San Diego has to offer but our Staff is what always keeps our guests coming back.

We hope you found a college and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best regards,