“Great Stay in San Diego for School”

Courtyard San Diego Central
Ranked #11 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Salinas, California, USA
“Great Stay in San Diego for School”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Recently, I had the pleasure of staying at the Courtyard San Diego for a class. I arrived on Super Bowl Sunday the game was on and the Hotel had a great special on food and drinks. The staff was very helpful throughout the week. My room was kept very clean. The facilities are great. I was able to work out in the onsite gym every other day and there was more than enough equipment. The hotel is a short distance away from several outstanding restaurants and attractions.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
I remember Super Bowl Sunday. I worked that day and everybody had a good time. I am happy that you were able to partake in the festivities. I am also glad that class did not exhaust you too much and you were able to take advantage of our exercise equipment (hint: the exercise room is open 24 hours).

I am pleased that the hotel itself met your needs and that our team took good care of you. Hopefully you will be able to visit again soon for some fun, so you can further explore the nearby attractions and restaurants.

Juergen Oswald

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Being away from home and the ones you love for nearly a month isn't most peoples idea of a good time. I for one was non too please about the idea. However after my experience in this hotel, I must say if I ever had to spend that much time away from home again, I couldn't think of a better place to stay. The facility was very nice, but what really impressed me most was the staff. This is not to say everything was perfect during my stay, but no matter what happened all my issues were resolved quickly, and with courtesy. Furthermore I never once saw anyone not smile or offer to assist me in anything I needed. Again I was very impressed with Ben, Don, Gemma, Alina, Cesar, Deborah, Corina, Emory, Latoya, Chris, Francisco, and Frankie who are just a few of the names that I could remember, and of course there were more.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the inside towards the pool with a balcony.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Travel for you road warriors is not as glamerous as it sounds for the rest of us that usually do it for fun. Being away from home, familiar surroundings, family, and friends is tough. Our team understands this and that's why we do our darndest to make you comfortable. I am very proud that we achieved this in your case and can't thank you enough for recognizing the many friendly people we have working at our hotel.

Many thanks for the confidence in our hotel and team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels require.

Aiea, Hawaii
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Stayed 4 nights in February, Room 321

Pros: Location, with easy access to all freeways; Professional service in all departments; useful amenities and modern & updated decor

Cons: You need a car, because restaurants and stores are about a 20-30 minute walk.

With the Courtyard brand geared to the business traveler, my wife and I rarely stay at a Courtyard, but stayed at this hotel because of close proximity to our daughter. We were thoroughly impressed by the professional staff and modern decor.

We really like the Lobby Lounge area, where you can sit down and enjoy a drink (adult beverage or Starbucks) or other quiet areas where you can conduct business. The rooms were comfortable with sitting areas and a large flat screen television. The Breakfast Buffet in the Gazebo Grill restaurant was filling and tasty.

On our next trip to this area, we will definitely be staying at this Courtyard again, as well as recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank SGerard_S84
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 19 February 2012
We are very honored to be reviewed by a Top TripAdvisor Contributor like yourself; this means a lot. I am very pleased that our team did their part to make your experience a pleasant one.

While the Courtyard brand was created by business travelers for business travelers, we certainly have evolved and appeal to a wide variety of travelers. This President's Day weekend is a good example as we are fully booked and are hosting sports teams and their families visiting San Diego for tournaments. They also take advantage of our sumptous breakfast buffet and enjoy our heated pool amidst our lush landscape.

I am glad that our refreshing service and product offering have persuaded you to join us again in the future. See you soon!

Tualatin, Oregon
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Courtyard Marriott Central was the perfect place for us to hold our business / recruiting event. Location was central to many parts of San Diego so North County and S.D. clients could get to us as well as those East up the 15. Staff was very professional and service was spectacular - hotel was busy and lively in bar and restaurant which we enjoy because the energy is up surrounding our event. Rooms were fantastic as Marriott always has high standards. We were very pleased with our stay - staff also had great list of dining options handy for all hours of the day - including a great suggestion to check out the Studio Diner - just down the street. Studio Diner is unique to S. Diego and a truly great 24 hour dining option - trust the local this place is very good!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
I am very pleased that your recruiting event was successful and that we did our part to make it happen for you. Thank you for pointing out the energy of our hotel - it is a little hip without going too crazy and our Food & Beverage outlets contribute nicely to this pleasant vibe.

I was just at the Studio Diner myself for the first time and yes, it's certainly unique with an interesting decor and the good food 24 hours a day certainly does not hurt. I never knew that the movie studio next door to it was the only one of its kind in San Diego.

Certainly hope to welcome you back soon and thank you for your detailed review of your experience.

Jürgen Oswald
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I stay here often because it's between downtown and Rancho Bernardo where I work. The location really works because it's easy to hop on the 163, 8, or 805 to get where I need to go. Downtown is 15-20 minutes away. The Mission Valley/Fashion Valley area is 10 minutes away. The hotel is squeaky clean and the staff always takes great care of me no matter what weird problem or request I have.

Room Tip: Courtyard inside rooms are a little noisier. It's quiet after 10pm usually though.
1 Thank tknogeek
Thank you very much for complimenting our housekeeping team on keeping a clean house. No request is too weird, so keep 'em coming; it's fun to make out of the ordinary things happen for our guests.

We appreciate you staying with us often and are glad that you enjoy our central location. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.