Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$219
Hotels.comUS$219
Expedia.comUS$219
CourtyardUS$219
FindHotelUS$219
HurbUS$263
All reviews front desk street parking convenient location lobby annex downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 December 2020

My husband and I stayed here 6 weeks in Oct/Dec while the Covid raged on. We cannot find enough good things to say about 1st the staff, 2nd the hotel itself and of course, the location. Amazing. Susan and katie made our stay so much better. especially with all the anxiety going on with medical problems. They are friendly, helpful and just took the time over-all to make an otherwise stressful situation much bearable. Susan with her beautiful amazing caring personality, Katie so perky, so helpful and always happy to chat. The hotel itself is new and beautiful. The rooms are amazing. Unfortunately the only food place open was the little market in the lobby but we will be back. The first day Kelly ran up to fix a small problem and happy to oblidge. So many others to thank. Living in a hotel is not the first choice for anyone unless on vacation but this was so memorable for us. Walking around Old Town trying out different restaurants was wonderful...Allie & Stan

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 15 September 2020

I was there from 7/5/2020-8/16/2020 for business travel during this nightmare of C-19. When I checked in, Ms. Susan was at the counter, greeted me professionally and I'm pretty sure with a smile. Couldn't tell, because we were wearing masks, as was required. Ms. Susan explained the current situation to me as far as housekeeping and such was happening, once a week, on Wednesdays, No problem for me, I don't change my bed sheets at home everyday anyways. She then asked me if I wanted points, or a $10 credit for the Market Place? I said points, Ms. Susan said "you're here 35 days, that's $350.00 towards Market Place and such. I did not know that, I thought it was only a one time credit of $10.00. I went for the food. Throughout my stay, I started seeing familiar faces that I had seen in 2019, when I was at the Fairfield for about 4 months total, just a few blocks away. It is the same owner. Ms. Katie, the GM, Mr. David, Asst. GM, the numerous housekeepers, maintenance, and Bistro, along with Security personnel, after a few days, we all recognized one another. That was really heartwarming. Last, but certainly not least, Ms. Kelly, the 3pm-11pm front desk worker, kept the Market Place stocked, great personality, pretty sure she was smiling under her mask :-). I will stay there again!!

Date of stay: July 2020
Kelly Therkalsen, Guest Services / Front Office at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review!! It was OUR PLEASURE having you here as our guest. Can't wait to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 30 April 2020

We stayed here during our San Diego trip. It is a good hotel. Our room was clean and comfortable. No complaints there. Just a warning, if you have a big SUV, the underground parking can be a tight fit.
I recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: May 2019
2  Thank TranzorZ1985
KellyT3242, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2020

Dear TranzorZ1985,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Old Town. We are happy you were able to take some time to enjoy yourself during this most recent crisis. We would love to have you back next time you are in San Diego.

Reviewed 22 February 2020

This hotel is the best hotel I've ever stayed at. Great for families. Fantastic restaurants within walking distance. Very safe! Clean!! Parking a breeze! The staff was so accommodating. Pool! Restaurant! Bar!! And, the price was amazing! I will recommend to any taking a trip to San Diego.

Date of stay: February 2020

Dear Goembelf,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to give us your positive feedback on your most recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Old Town. We are delighted you were able to take advantage of being close to Old Town and also that you had a chance to use our facilities. We hope to see you back on your next visit to San Diego.

Reviewed 8 February 2020

This place is wayyyyy over priced. It is all about location with this property as it is around the corner from the heart of Old Town. The rooms are dated, musty and the elevator is extremely slow. Parking is limited to say the least and a pain to get in and out of. I would not stay here again for the $300/nt range for sure.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank chuckd21x

Hello there, thank you for taking the time to post this. Wanted to update our original response to let you know that since your last trip here, our property has been fully renovated and no more musty odors are present due to all new carpet etc. Hope you will give us another chance and visit again the next time travels bring you to the area.