2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Curio.comUS$160
PricelineUS$160
Hotels.comUS$160
Expedia.comUS$160
Trip.comUS$160
TravelocityUS$160
All reviews rooftop bar chilaquiles hotel opening athletic club an underground parking garage beautiful hotel in a great location front desk extraordinary desserts modern hotel rooms are gorgeous restful sleep coffee service diamond member lots of great restaurants little italy three night stay lots of pillows
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 February 2021

I checked in on Friday, February 12th for a three night stay checking out on Monday, February 15th as a Hilton Honors Gold Member.

Check-in was quick and efficient. The overall decor of the hotel lobby and public areas are awesome. It is contemporary, modern, but yet casual and chic. A place you really want to hang out.

Currently, the gym is closed due to local regulations; however, the pool was open limited hours. The elevator system is efficient and quick.

This is a newer property and has the potential to be great! Although my particular stay was a three rating, the manager took the time to listen to all of my concerns and genuinely seemed to care about them. Therefore, I will give this property a four and next time look forward to giving it a five.

We were in Room 1221, which faces east. The room and bathroom overall were very nice; however, this property is only about 1.5 years old and probably many of those months were not very full due to the pandemic. There were a few room maintenance and room decor issues. Otherwise, the room was beautiful.

We also ran into an issue with one of the staff members on the Sunday evening of our stay.

Again, all of these issues were heard by the manager and he really seemed to care about my opinions. I am sure he will remedy those with the staff.

I look forward to returning again for a five star stay. (And hopefully when the fitness center and everything else is fully operational)

Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank Ryan S
Henri Birmele, General Manager at Carte Hotel San Diego Downtown, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2021

Dear Ryan,

Thank you very much for being our Guest and sharing your feedback as well taking the time to speak with me in more details, I have been sharing your feedback with the team and addressed your opportunity making sure we are correct them. my self and the entire team is looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 February 2021

We had a great stay here. The service provided was outstanding! Especially from Juan. He took great care of us and was friendly and helpful! Beds were super comfortable and room was beautiful! We had a great time

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Henri Birmele, General Manager at Carte Hotel San Diego Downtown, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2021

Dear thod195,

Thank you very much for being our guest and appreciate your feedback. I'm happy to share with the team and Juan. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we all look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2021

I have stayed at the Carte hotel since December 27th all the way thru Jan 6th. I would like to paid big kudos to the entire staff that took care of my needs during my stay special thank you to the MOD Timothy his service was excellent and the attention to detail was on point, front desk people and house keeping check in all the time to make sure I was taking care off.
Most definitely highly recommend this high end hotel also food was delicious kudos to the chef
Thank you for such great service and making me feel very welcome! A most pleasant stay of you visit beautiful San Diego.
Orly

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Henri Birmele, General Manager at Carte Hotel San Diego Downtown, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2021

Dear Orlando T,

Thank you so much for being our guest and appreciate you are sharing your feedback with us. I'm happy to share with the entire team and glad to share your kudos with the chef for your experience your meals. We are all look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 21 December 2020

This hotel is a gem. The employees are welcoming and helpful, and the property itself is gorgeous. There is a restaurant in the lobby with also some grab and go items. The gym that is connected is a full sized athletic club. There is a small pool on the 4th floor with a hot tub and a lot of outdoor lounge space and seating. On the room there is a great bar where you can normally (non covid times) sit and have drinks and food!

The room is BEAUTIFUL and comfortable. The bed was high end and so are all the furnishings. The bathroom is spa quality.

My only complaint is soundproofing. I could clearly hear the room next to me and I ended up with just 1.5 hours or so of sleep because of it. I did call twice about it, but it didnt help and they actually moved into the hall and got louder (I think on purpose). I should have requested to move, so its my fault, and I will for sure stay here again because its beautiful.

For those who want a great location, you are located just a few blocks from downtown, a 20 minute walk to Hillcrest or Balboa and 5 minute walk to my favorite area, little Italy!

Date of stay: December 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JarodM
Henri Birmele, General Manager at Carte Hotel San Diego Downtown, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2020

Dear JarodM,

Thank you very much for being our guest and sharing your experience with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our facility and our surroundings in Little Italy. I apologies for the soundproofing concern you mention and will share with the team to address your experience.

We all look forward to welcome you back the next time.

Reviewed 15 November 2020 via mobile

I am a stressful traveler, and I was beyond relieved after arriving at this hotel. The staff were incredibly friendly and made things clear and simple. Our room was very clean and beautiful. Most importantly for me,I personally saw the staff taking cleaning very seriously! My friend and I only drove one time in 5 days because this hotel is literally in the middle of the city! We had a 5 minute walk to the waterfront and the entire city, it was beautiful. Then for the recovery days - the pool, and hot tub were perfectly clean and temperate.
I am going back for trip there in a few months, this hotel has my heart and I cannot wait to go back!!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear ParticeMcWilliams,

Thank you very much for being our guest and appreciate you sharing your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you had a great stay and we all look forward to welcome you back soon.