“Best Service! Will definitely come back again!”

Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Ranked #35 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Taipei, Taiwan
“Best Service! Will definitely come back again!”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Like others had already said, their service is unparalleled ;even I already knew their service is good, after staying I felt it's beyond my expectation. Every staff at front desk is extremely helpful; the deign of the hotel is kind of modern, bright, and comfortable. I could see Petco Park from my room although there was no game in March. Wifi is free. Though I did have some billing problem during my stay, Peyton and the manager Darren helped to fixed it as soon as possible. I also love their wake-up call. The only thing I didn't like is their breakfast: small in portion, taste is plain, and charge is a little bit high. Ask the front desk a 10% coupon for "Broken Yolk" which is 3 blocks away. Generally speaking it's a wonderful stay and I would definitely come back to this hotel if I need to visit San Diego again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms (like X14, X16) on higher floors may have a view to Petco Park.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, 24 March 2012
dino1228,

The title of your review alone is what we strive to see. We work to make each guest’s experience as unique as possible & it sounds like our top notch staff was able to do just that for you. We will be sure to pass along your compliments to Peyton & Darren at the Front Desk as well as we know they will be thrilled to hear them. Thank you again for your review & we hope to see you back with us soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed for 6 days for a conference. It was rainy and cold the whole time and our heat didn't work. It took 2 days and asking 3 times to have the heat fixed. Also, the safe didn't work. That also took 3 requests and 2 days to get fixed. The same goes for the shower head. The room was otherwise nice, clean but quite noisy during the day. When we needed amenities, the hotel staff readily provided them. Finally, the gym — albeit it nice looking — didn't have much in the way of equipment or free weights. For the same price, I would instead try a larger, high-end, hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the street level are loud. Pick a room on a higher floor if you can.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It’s great to see you liked the in-house gym & the hotel amenities that were provided. We apologize for the heater issue you had during the stay but are glad to see it was able to get resolved. We appreciate your feedback as we use all comments in training with our staff. We hope you give us a second chance to inspire you again with improved service.
Reviewed 20 March 2012 via mobile

Stayed here March 11 for a couple of days. Received great service, breakfast was well done and staff was great. The open lobby and restaurant was a nice place to eat. Walking distance to great restaurants and hotel room was clean, bright and all very well laid out. Would recommend.

Stayed March 2012
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your compliments of our passionate & friendly staff and are so pleased to hear they made a positive impression during your stay. We’re glad to see you liked our Table 509 restaurant as well. Hopefully next time you get the chance to check out our beautiful Level 9 terrace bar. Come back to see us again soon!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I would like to commend your employees but in particular Sergio on making my trip to San Diego easy during a difficult time in my life. I travel for work on a weekly basis and at the moment I'm undergoing thyroid Cancer treatment that requires me to carry my own food due to diet restrictions. I can't eat anything that its been made already as I can't have any dairy, soy, fish or salt! I brought my "tasty food" with me and Sergio went above and beyond to help me heat up my food so I could eat. He will go to the employee break room, heat up food for me and bring it back to me. He put a smile on my face! What made me appreciate even more all he was doing for me was when he asked me if I needed silverware and I said I had some with me. He asked me if they were plastic ones and I said yes. His reply by saying that he would not allow me to use plastic that ai deserve real ones. So he went and got me a pair of silver wear wrapped in linen. That made my day. Little things that make you feel special, and he did. Your staff was amazing, your rooms are beautiful and clean and I just can't wait to come back. Please pass my appreciation to Sergio.

Triflygirl91,

Reviews like yours are exactly what we like to see from our guests. Our staff strives to go above & beyond just as you said, for each guest & it sounds like Sergio did just that. We are proud to have wonderful people like him working for us & are thrilled when their actions are recognized. Thank you again for your glowing review. We look forward to seeing you next time you’re in San Diego!
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed for the SD half marathon and had a great time. We booked last minute on hotwire and were treated great. I made a couple of special requests that they accommodated and it made our stay very comfortable. I had read that third-party bookers were treated differently but did not find that to be the case in the very least. In fact the service was professional from the curb to the room. Sergio Navarro was exceptional! We left our very nice camera behind and he quickly reviewed security tape to find us and call us before we left town. I have accidentally left other electronics behind while traveling I have never seen anyone care as much, just a sincerely nice attitude. We went upstairs to the bar and you really could watch a ball game from up there with an unobstructed view of the entire field with the exception of the corner of right field. Great concept of a 'green' hotel that makes you feel good about supporting this type of hotel. Located close to the Park, good restaurants, and easy to get to, I look forward to coming again next year.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
McClung_12,

Thank you for your review! Your compliments of our staff are exactly what like to see from our guests as our helpful & pleasant staff strives to create a unique guest experience. Maybe next time you’re in town you can catch a baseball game on our Level 9 terrace. We hope you choose Hotel Indigo next time you’re in San Diego!