All reviews pacific beach hot tub mission blvd taco surf great location short walk to the beach small kitchen dining table small hotel walk in shower enjoyed our stay watch tv full kitchen easy walking distance booked this hotel family vacation la jolla
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Great stay. Stayed only two nights but hotel is located in prime location close to everything including the beach and good breakfast locations. Rooms were nice relatively clean and spacious. Honestly more than I expected. Staff is very generous. Plenty of parking, and a nice little heated pool was a great idea especially on cooler days or nights. Will come back here next time I visit San Diego.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Dean1426
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Nice place. Clean. Nice People and lots of good restaurants nearby. Pool and hot tub really warm and close to beach. We walked all over Mission beach from here. Anaheim was 1 1/2 by car and Zoo 20 minutes. No issues with parking or finding something to do. Would go back again if in area. Fun time.

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank mrbeefjerkey
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

We booked this hotel based on pictures and other reviews. It was okay...and just okay. It wasnt as clean as we had hoped. Nicely remodeled and updated, but some extra attention was needed. We voiced some concerns about a dirty showerhead and they took care of it right away. So their service is awesome. I would recommend some deeper cleaning before I would return. It was however a nice location with the beach, liqour store and restaurants nearby.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Cody S
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Booked this hotel based on other reviews, and I was not disappointed! Check in was a breeze, and Bill was very nice and informative. We had the standard room, and it was clean and comfortable. There were plenty of hangers to hang up our clothes, and our bathroom had a corner shower caddy, so no problems with keeping our shampoo and such (I guess someone else didn't have one). We used the hot tub 2 our of the 3 nights we were there, and it was great! Loved that we could walk to the beach to watch the surfers and see the sunsets. Even though we did a lot of day trips outside of Pacific Beach, I really thought it was a great little place for the right price, and great location! One thing I wish it did have was a coffee maker in our room. I think some of the rooms have kitchenettes, but we didn't have that, so a coffee maker would have been nice.

Room tip: 1st floor rooms towards back of hotel is away from street noise
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Husband and I stayed here 4 nights for our 44th wedding anniversary. The pool is nice and warm and hot tub is so relaxing. Most days we had the pool to ourselves. The double queen room was sufficient for our needs. Be aware there is no dresser, table or chairs in the room. There is a small shelf cabinet that is open faced to put clothes in. There are plenty of hangers in the closet. The beds were super comfortable. A couple things missing in the bathroom; no shelf in the shower for soap or shampoo. I would recommend bringing one of those hanging waterproof cosmetic bags. Also, there is only one small towel rack so no where to hang wet swim suits or bath towels. I would also recommend bringing a surge protector bar as electric outlets in the room were limited. There is no coffee pot in the room but we brought our own. We did find out that there is free coffee in the lobby when we checked out. It is A very noisy location at the corner of Mission Blvd and Missouri so I would recommend bringing ear plugs and a noise cancelling app. The air conditioning worked great and the two ceiling fans were a plus. This was our 4th stay at the Beach Haven in the last 30 years and it's all about the close proximity to Pacific Beach and the promenade. We enjoyed beautiful sunsets every evening with just a 1/2 block walk from the Beach Haven!!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank k0nalady