All reviews pacific beach hot tub taco surf mission blvd great location short walk to the beach small kitchen dining table enjoyed our stay small hotel restaurants bars clean rooms stayed nights booked this hotel la jolla pb suite
Reviewed 5 August 2016

The Beach Haven is a great little place. It's like the motels that I stayed in as kid, that are owner operated.. It is clean, the management is very friendly and the pool area was nice. It is only a block from the beach and has many restaurants nearby. If I every get back to the San Diego area, I would definitely stay here.again. Thank You!!

Bubba

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
HotelsManagementTeam, General Manager at Beach Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review Beach Haven, we appreciate receiving feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoy your stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

We just returned from San Diego and 4 nights at the Beach Haven Inn. This was our second year staying here. Our room had a kitchen so we were able to make meals and there is also a BBQ grill on site where we grilled steaks one night. It is a short 1/2 block walk to the beach and there are many restaurants and stores all located within an easy walking distance. We found our room quiet enough at night even with the windows open.
This hotel couldn't get any better----best location, comfortable beds, heated swimming pool, free parking and a great General Manager on site, Bill Nelson. I can not say enough good things about Bill......he truly cares about his guests and goes out of his way to make sure they are happy and have what they need.
We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank sunnycj
HotelsManagementTeam, General Manager at Beach Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

I really appreciate all the great compliments about our property and the management, we are so happy you were able to stay with us for a second year. We enjoy getting to know our return guests and making sure all enjoy this great beach location by offering as many conveniences as we can.
Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 22 June 2016

The one bedroom units are excellent as they have a kitchen and a living room separate from the bedroom. This property is only a few blocks from Pacific Beach and conveniently within walking distance to everything. Literally park our car since everything is conveniently located near us.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

I am so happy to hear the one bedroom suite worked out so well for you and your family, we enjoyed having you stay with us. Thank you for your great review, I hope we have the chance to accommodate you and your family in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

I am recovering from a hip fracture and have some trouble getting around, Contacted the hotel, very friendly, got me a first floor room that had a walk in shower, close to the handicapped parking place just outside. Large double room, able to manuever my walker around easily. Just a block away from the easy to access boardwalk.

What I loved
-friendly and acomodating staff!
-reasonably priced
-close to boardwalk
-handicapped parking available (and its free!)
-large room with walk in shower
-room was clean and comfortable
-we stayed in 107 which is away from the street and quiet. Heard our neighbors a few times but didn't disturb our sleep
-close to shops, restaurants (Konos is great for breakfast!)
-jacuzzi

What I missed

-Wish the shower had grab bars or a shower chair. I didn't need them but they would have made me feel safer

-no refrig or microwave in that specific room. The staff provided us with hot water for tea, but we should have had a way of making that in our room. I know the hotel has kitchenetts and plan to stay in one next time we are there. But was disappointed that we didn't have at least a fridge or microwave in our room.

-This isn't the hotels fault but a caveat - HC access to beach is two blocks away down the boardwalk. There is HC parking there but its usually filled.I was able to navigate the distance with my walker, and was able to get down to the beach with my husbands help. But if you aren't able to do that you might want to find a place closer to the lifeguard station.

We enjoyed our stay very much, and plan to return next year!!

Room Tip: 107 has walk in shower, close to HC parking, and is away from the street
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience of Beach Haven. I hope you have recovered from your hip fracture! I am very glad the room worked out so well for you and you enjoyed the close proximity to the beach.
I am sorry the room did not have all the amenities you were hoping for, we have a few different room types to accommodate the needs of each of our guests. When you call to reserve your next stay be sure to request a room with a kitchen.
Thank you again for all the great comments, they are appreciated!
I look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

Weather was kind of over cast and cool during our trip, luckily they had a heated pool and hot tub. Met Bob at check-in, and he immediately began interacting with my almost 3 y/o son like he knew him forever. The whole week we were referred to by Bob and other staffers by our first names, and anything we needed was accommodated. Half a block walk to the beach, dining, and groceries, about two blocks from Crystal Pier. Only negative was walls were kind of thin, but the ten o'clock quiet hour was adhered to by all other guest at the hotel and we had no trouble sleeping wonderfully. If we stay in a hotel next time I can say without a doubt Beach Haven is at the top of our list!

Room Tip: Suite with dining area and pull out couch is the way to go.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the great review, we enjoy hearing about our guests’ experiences. I am so glad you were able to enjoy the heated pool and hot tub on the cooler days. I appreciate your comments about the staff, we strive to provide excellent customer service to each of our guests and are always happy to hear when we have achieved our goal. I will pass along your appreciation to Bob, he is a definite asset to our Beach Haven Family! I look forward to seeing you and your family in the future.