Lowest prices for your stay
US$116
US$114
Free cancellation until 15/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$135
US$90
SAVE US$45
Free cancellation until 15/05/21
FindHotelUS$93
Hotels.comUS$114
ZenHotels.comUS$135
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 January 2020 via mobile

Why do I have to give 1 star..?!

Blinds don’t close properly - damaged and so not great at keep light out when trying to sleep through jet-lag..

Plug in the bath is inoperative.

Sink is badly cracked and dated.

Chair at desk is broken.

Floor slippery, feels moist; lots of fluff came off my feet when I got in the shower..

A/c unit very noisy.

Noise in hall outside from other guests at 5am.

External look is dirty and unkempt - horrible stain of something evidently thrown at the front facade.

One male night porter looked like he’d slept in his clothes for a few nights.

Free breakfast is just a variety of low-grade carbs.

It beggars belief reading the other reviews that this place has received high scores from so many.

It is in desperate need of a remodelling to have any possibility of competing with neighbouring hotels.

This is an example of an establishment that in truth bears no relation to the review score it has accumulated and the photographs in listings are as usual not a useful reflection of the condition of the decor.

I have reservations about the security of the rooms too with access to room halls bypassing the reception.

I’m always reluctant to post a negative review, preferring to speak to management directly when there are issues but this litany is not redeemable so I would pay a wee bit extra for a classier place, folks.

When these failings were brought to the attention of the person on the reception desk his only response was that he would check them out.. no word of apology.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Briskeby
westerninn, Guest Relations Manager at Western Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2020

Briskeby,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am very sorry for the inconveniences that you
encountered during your stay. We are dedicated to ensuring that you receive the highest level of service and your feedback will help us to correct and improve our accommodations and amenities to better achieve this
determined goal. We are working to take care of all of the issues that you addressed and we thank you for taking
the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 27 January 2020 via mobile

Pros: Close to cultural attractions, restaurants, convenient to highway. It doesn’t stink.

Cons: Room is small, outdated bathrooms (cracks in tub, exposed pipes, grandma’s old shower curtain). It feels like an old motel with paint. Parking spaces are wonky.

Maybe this is about right for this price range in San Diego. I ended up here after basically taking a gamble on one of those sites where you pay before you know exactly where you’re staying. It wasn’t worth the gamble this time. I just had to focus on spending time with my family - we stayed gone most of the time anyway.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Q2492QPmichelles
westerninn, Guest Relations Manager at Western Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2020

Q2492QPmichelles,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a thorough and insightful review regarding
the bathroom and suggestions to improve the experience for our valued guests in the future. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I'm glad you found our location to be convenient, and I hope you will find your expectations to be far surpassed during your next visit!

Reviewed 24 January 2020 via mobile

What a charming place to stay near Old Town. The inn is an old charming building, pretty clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. My husband and I came for our birthdays and were sent a lovely birthday cake during our stay.

JnJ

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 161judiek

161judiek,

Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words regarding the five star service and
accommodations that you received during your most recent stay with us! It means a lot to us that you've allowed us to be such an important part of your husband special day and celebrations! We are thrilled to find out that we were able to make this occasion more enjoyable

. We hope to see you again, soon!

Kind regards,

General manager of Western Inn

Reviewed 8 January 2020 via mobile

This hotel shows its age. The room I was in had new floors, but I am not sure about the other rooms. The air/heating unit was so noisy that I had a hard time sleeping. There is no airport shuttle. You have to take an Uber or taxi. It is located about 15 min from the airport.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank dermaflo69
westerninn, Guest Relations Manager at Western Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2020

dermaflo69,

Your review and rating of our hotel mean a lot to us, and we thank you for taking the time to
share this experience. I sincerely apologize for the issues with the A/C and have informed my housekeeping and maintenance staff to look out for any noisy A/C units. We wish you would have informed the front desk staff immediately of the room condition as they would have immediately assigned you another room. On behalf of our entire staff , of Western Inn we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again
when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 6 December 2019

I did enjoy my stay at this location. Front desk staff was very attentive and professional. My room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. Located in an area of old town with plenty of restaurants and also near to a trolley station I needed to go downtown. Definitely recommended to stay in a next visit to San Diego.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
westerninn, Guest Relations Manager at Western Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2019

905gily,

accommodations that you received during your most recent stay with us! It is very rewarding to hear your perspective of our hotel and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience. We're glad you had a great time with us and we look forward to serving you again.