Lowest prices for your stay
FindHotel
US$117
US$102
SAVE US$15
getaroom.comUS$117
All reviews front desk staff breakfast buffet water pressure stayed one night balboa park
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2020

I made a reservation to Four Points Sheraton San Diego via American Express Travel. Made a 3 hour drive down from my home in Los Angeles. When I got to the hotel, they told me first to wait as the reservation was processing. Then they let me know the reservation was lost even though I had an e-mail confirmation from American Express travel . The hotel clerk provided no extra assistance. He and the manager said that someone would call to help us find other accommodations but we never received that call. We ended up having to drive 3 hours back home breaking the hearts of my 2 young children. Sheraton should only allow reservations that they can fulfill. Until this is the case I would avoid their chain.

Date of stay: September 2020
3  Thank E9444FTpatrickc
Reviewed 22 June 2020

Struggled to rate this because the hotel itself isn't bad (nothing truly outstanding either) it is a higher end version of a highway motel. So do you rate it as such (which would garner a slightly higher ranking) or do you rank it as a Sheraton property and based on comparable cost of, say, the motel across the street? I'll list it out and you be the judge.

Pros: Convenient to highways, an arena, a shopping plaza with food and a Target, some chain eateries and restaurants. Smart TV, comfortable bed, pool area, very quiet in room, and spacious bathroom.

Cons: The bottom of my sheets were stained in a couple places, which I hadn't noticed until the comforter came up the second night. The front desk check in had little friendliness or charm. The area around the hotel is horrid, I literally had to step over a homeless person at the front gate who I was concerned was possibly dead when I checked in. The location to the trolley would be a plus, but that walk even during the day is dreadful, as the smell of human decay under the bridge made me nearly vomit. The pool was pretty dirty.

Some of the cons most certainly can't be controlled by the hotel, but still detract from a willingness to suggest people stay here unless they are fully aware that the convenience to mass transit isn't as easy as it looks. If you have a car, it might be a better option solely if this location is important to you.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Greg T
GregW-GM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego - SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2020

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review and feedback. Yes, it is very unfortunately that San Diego has a known homeless problem within the city. During the pandemic as parks and beaches closed, the homeless population did come into the more industrial areas but we have seen this improve since the reopening of said parks and beaches. Thank you as well for the feedback about the sheets and pool. Our pool has just reopened since the pandemic and now have a cleaning schedule set up for seven days a week to ensure the pool is ready for use daily.

I hope you come back and give us a shot again when we are truly back up and running so you can see what the Four Points San Diego SeaWorld is all about.

Hospitably,

Greg Williams

Reviewed 26 January 2020

Located in a seedy area. Strip club 1 block away. Desk clerk said on checking in that they had security that monitored the fenced parking area. Oh and bty there is an additional $15/day charge to the room. Very clean updated motel. Except for the noise. We stayed in a 2nd floor room. On friday and saturday we thought we had found the perfect hotel. 2 nights great sleep. Good breakfast, clean. Then sunday midnight they put someone in the room above us. Sounded like a construction crew. Constant loud footsteps, banging, moving of furniture, Went on till 3:30 am. Called the front desk. They said they would send security on the first call. 2nd call they said they just called them. 3rd call at 3:45 they said we could move. Pack all our stuff up and move at 4 in the morning and try to make it to my 6am meeting. Not happening. They said nothing they could do. Got back after work at 8pm. Everything was quiet. Went to bed at 10. 12:30 it started all over again. Someone pacing the room continuously and dropping stuff. Front desk said nothing they could do. Went on till 4 am when we packed up and went to another hotel. Front desk people could not care less. Will never go back. Went out to my truck at 7am and found a junkie sifting through the back of my pick up. He walked away when challenged. Front desk said they only have security at night, Nothing they could do.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank shagen226
Resort07091212289, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego - SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2020

Dear shagen226,

Thank you for taking time to share experiences from your recent stay in our hotel! Our team works hard to create excellent guest experiences, and I'm terribly sorry that we fell short in your case. Know that we are taking your feedback seriously, and following up to make improvements for future guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to Four Points!

Reviewed 11 January 2020

I was running a race that started near Sea World and the hotels over there were outrageously priced. Chose this for location close to where I needed to be and the price. Parking lot is small and challenging to back out of a lot of spots, be careful. You pay $15/d for parking which is outrageous--I cannot fathom why they charge. This seems like an unnecessary gouge. Was in a corner room on the 3 floor. I had a ginormous illuminated billboard out of both windows that blind you. The traffic noise from the road can only be drowned out with the fan on high which will either cause you to freeze or combust. The bed was fine. The lighting is awful. It's a quite large room with only a couple of lamps which is silly. There is a fridge and microwave. Be sure to check anything you plug into charge to ensure it is actually charging. Many of the desk and table outlets don't work. My watch didn't charge over night, neither did my phone. The shower is large with good water pressure. Several of the lights are on sensors so if you want the lights on, you're doing a dance to keep them on. Wifi was fine.

The area is super sketchy. There is a strip club across the street and there are not sidewalks or places to run. I ended up driving to Balboa Park to go run (hint, free parking, scenic, lots of trails). The location is convenient to both the 8 and the 5 so that was nice.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank ALLSLC
Resort07091212289, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego - SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2020

Dear ALLSLC,

Thank you for taking time to share experiences from your recent stay in our hotel! I'm terribly sorry that we failed to provide you with a comfortable and relaxing guest experience, as that is our goal. Please know that we have shared your feedback with our greater hotel team and ownership, and we are using it to help us identify opportunities to make improvements for future guests. If your travels bring you back to our area, we hope that you will give our hotel another try in 2020!!

Happy New Year!
Stephanie B.
The Four Points By Sheraton San Diego Sea World

Reviewed 6 January 2020

The room was great. It was perfect for our needs. For a $9.99 breakfast, I expected more than a continental breakfast, but the breakfast was good. Staff was friendly and rooms were clean. I wish they had Disney channel but they didn't. You do have the option for signing into your netflix account which was nice.

Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank cecilyJ
Journey08559036027, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego - SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2020

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently in the process of revamping our breakfast buffet to add more value for $9.99. Please come back to try us out again in the near future to see all the positive changes happening.

Hospitably,