“Great Resort! Fun Stay!”

Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa
Ranked #91 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego, California
“Great Resort! Fun Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Stayed here for a weekend. The weather was really nice and it's right on the bay. The staff were really friendly. I asked for extra pillows and toiletries and they delivered it quickly and seemed genuinely happy to help. The room was really nice. We had a waterfront room with a fire pit so it was nice sitting on the patio with a fire and some beer. The resort is really well kept. very clean and modern. The pool was really nice with a lot of bright orange umbrellas and cabanas. Definitely one of the nicest Hiltons I've ever stayed at. Great value.

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the bay. It's great for hanging out on the patio and people watching.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Michael J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (685)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Marietta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Stayed here for 3 days last week. Low season for San Diego. Hotel itself is nice but clearly outdated and old. But a parking fee of $32 for a hotel that is not even in downtown? And that is for self park? Are you kidding me? That's the rate you pay in downtown Chicago for valet. And i read older reviews of people complainign about $25 and $28 per day parking fees and the managment response has lawyas been that the parking fee is under review. I guesss they reviewed it and decided to raise it since they wer enot getting enough complaints. They say their parking rate is competetive with hotels in the area. Well, Catamaran Resort that is in the same area and very comparable, if not better than this, only charges $13 for parking, and the rooms are cheaper too.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Mehran-Mikail
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I stayed at the resort for 2 nights as a mini getaway while visiting family in the area. Other than my check in expierience, it was fantastic.
Let me explain, I'm a Hilton Honors member so I always stay at Hilton properties. My flight in was delayed and I knew I would be checking in late so I called the hotel to verify that a king bed room would still be available for me. They assured me it would. When i arrived i was unapologetically told by the front desk clerk "2 beds is all that is available". I explained that I called, Honors memeber, etc. Nothing. I even asked if I could pay for an upgrade. No response. Finally, I was just given a room key and bellman and was told they would take me to my room- didn't know what to expect or what I was getting.
Fortunately, I was upgraded to a 2 bed "villa" at ground level so I was satisfied, but a little customer service and explanation would've gone a long way.
All of the other staff"s service was great.
It's a beautiful property and you can tell it has been updated. Pool area is great, only complaint is that you can only get drink service by the pool during season. This is a resort that is not close to much at all, plan on staying on the grounds or have transportation! I did find it a bit pricey overall, food especially, but that is to be expected at a property like this.
The spa area is fantastic, I highly recommend getting a service there.
Overall, it was everything I wanted it to be!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank JS2009
San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

My girlfriend and I spent a couple days at this hotel and left very happy. It started off wonderfully as we were greeted when we pulled up to the hotel by the manager Matt and he walked us into the lobby to be checked in. Check in was quick and easy (aside from the 32 parking charge which many people have already mentioned here). The entire staff was really friendly and helpful with any questions or suggestions we asked from them. William recommended a great restaurant in Bachi's just a short drive away.

The hotel itself is a little older so it isn't as prestine as some of the newer hotels, but I didn't see anything that would make me cautious about returning. No wifi in the rooms was a little disappointing though.

All in all the staff was fantastic and the location was perfect. The only thing keeping it from 5 stars was the parking fee and the upkeep of the property.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PA97
Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

My son and I traveled to this beautiful area last week and we were looking forward to a terrific experience and we got one. We were so impressed with the amenities and surrounding grounds of this property. When we arrived we were greeted by exceptional staff who were so helpful and friendly! Our room and bath was spacious and very clean, and the beds were so comfortable. The room was quiet and private and we had beautiful views. Eating fantastic meals at this hotel was a pleasure! The hostess remembered our names every morning which created a lovely feeling for us and the waitstaff served us with a warm smile. The front desk and management were always extremely professional and answered all of our questions and were so eager to help us make awesome memories in this wonderful location. We can't wait to return to Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa again!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family