2 people are viewing this hotel
US$183
Free cancellation until 11/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Hotels.comUS$183
Expedia.comUS$183
Lol.travelUS$197
1,696 results
All reviews house of blues wine hour gaslamp district social hour homeless people the gas lamp district rooftop pool each evening valet parking front desk staff restaurants and bars high floor street noise corner room balboa park convention center properties
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 February 2020 via mobile

The bed was comfortable but the lighting was dim, some switches didn’t do anything, and there was no shower door. The service was excellent though and the food was good. Location is quite nice and little to no street noise. I could hear folks talk in the room next to me as if we were almost in the same room. Luckily, that only happened once.

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank EnjoyingTheWorld7
JHH42, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2020

Hello EnjoyingTheWorld7,

Thank you for choosing Palomar San Diego for your accommodations. We appreciate the kudos about the service received.

If there are ever any questions or something is not working in your guest room, please feel free to let us know while you are visiting, as we want to jump on that right away and ensure all is in great working order.

I hope your future travel plans bring you back for another visit!

Reviewed 5 February 2020 via mobile

I have never stayed at Kimpton before but I have seen commercials on TV and wanted to try it. I had mexican breakfast and it was good. They have wooden floor in the room and I really liked that. Bathroom was all tiled and it is very nice. Only complaint is that the TV is really old and it takes 30 seconds to change channels. The TV is relatively small also. Kind of surprising.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank jkim3
JHH42, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2020

Hello jkim3,

Thank you for choosing to experience Kimpton Hotels and being our guest at Hotel Palomar. We appreciate your comments and glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel.

Your feedback is important to us and we regret to hear that the TV was a disappointment to you. Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

I hope you will continue to keep Kimpton in the forefront of your travels and that we get to see you again at one of our many hotels.

Reviewed 2 February 2020 via mobile

I was in San Diego for a spontaneous getaway and came across the Kimpton during my research. To keep this straight to the point, this hotel is amazing. For reference, I am easily one of the pickiest people on this earth (Virgo). Every single staff member I came across was pleasant, especially Paige when I arrived and KJ when I checked out. The whole building is spotless and the hotel is generous with things like free drinks. Modern decor and beautifully constructed. My view was, breathtaking. Not even the best part but it is literally in the center of everything if you want to walk. I can’t recommend this hotel enough. Pretty sure I found my San Diego home.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank AdiahaTraveler

Hello AdiahaTraveler,

Thank you so much for sharing the Palomar love. Such great comments and are a pleasure to share with our team.

It is awesome to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we definitely hope to be your "new San Diego home". Hopefully, your travel plans bring you back to see us again soon!

Again, thank you for taking the time to give such a nice shout-out to our team.

Reviewed 26 January 2020 via mobile

Let’s start with the big ticket item - The daily FREE happy hour!!! What an awesome concept. Everyday you can go down to the bar between 4pm & 6pm for free craft beer and excellent snacks.

Our room was excellent - large, clean, nice views. The customer service excellent with friendly, helpful and engaged staff wanting to ensure you had a great stay amAND a great time in their city.

There is nowhere else to stay in my opinion.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank RobCug67
JHH42, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2020

Hello RobCug67,

We're happy to hear our complimentary social hour was a hit with you and you enjoyed the snacks and beer. It is a great time to bring guests and staff together in our lobby.

Thank you for the great comments and we will happily share your feedback with our team. We appreciate you choosing the Palomar and for taking the time to share about your stay.

I hope your future travel plans will include more of our Kimpton Hotels for your accommodations.

Reviewed 22 January 2020

Celebrated my wife's birthday. Carey Carnahan set it all up for us, and Alfredo and Mario served us. We had an elvis impersonator in a cozy setting.. it was fantastic. The whole hotel staff knew about it, and we had a fantastic time and stay here. Our son graduated from Marines basic training the following week so we stayed on. The location is perfect, we got treated exceptionally well by the front desk staff. The event went off perfectly. I don't write hotel reviews, but based on how well we got treated here, I felt compelled.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank jaycS845KA
JHH42, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2020

Hello jaycS845KA,

We're happy to hear that you and your family had a great time celebrating your wife's birthday. We are thrilled that you chose the Palomar to celebrate a very special occasion and it sounds like "Elvis" was a hit as well.

Congratulations on your son's graduation from the Basic Training. What a huge achievement and an honor!

It is a pleasure to share your comments with our team and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and personally mention Carey, Alfredo and Mario.