“Interesting options”

Ranked #1,248 of 5,221 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$15 - US$100
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

I took the family of 4 to ebisu and found some great options for all. The kids went for some gyoza and California rolls.

The adults went for a variety of items. My personal favorites were the tuna and eggs and the scallops from the special menu. Surprisingly, the scallops from the regular menu were a miss.

Reviewed 1 November 2015

Small. Quiet. Happy hour was great with good prices. Our server was wonderful. Very friendly and attentive. I have special dietary restrictions and she was able to make the necessary substitutions to our nigiri and roll orders to accommodate. Fish was fresh and choices were plenty.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

Came here based on reviews and wanted to try a different sushi place than our usual.

Waitress was courteous and friendly but she was so soft spoken we could barely hear what she was saying to us. The place wasn't noisy and I don't have a hearing problem so seriously please speak up next time.

Menu was interesting. A lot of stuff we haven't seen at other sushi places. We ordered the Tuna & Eggs, Blood Orange Hamachi Sashimi, "Pink Phloyd", and one more roll but I can't remember for the life of me. Anyway, though everything sounded amazing it was mediocre by taste. The "Pink Phloyd" is supposedly shiitake mushrooms, curry spicy tuna, with dried bonito, dashi sauce but all I tasted was chicken bouillon?! The Tuna & Eggs was the dish I was most excited for but the quail egg was just on the side not on top of the sashimi like I thought it was. I don't know it didn't seem creative at that point. Everything else was just okay.

Overall, pretty disappointment. I like creativity but if the fish gets lost in all the crazy things added to it then...what's the point? Anyway, food was alright but I think we're going to stick to our usual sushi places.

Reviewed 8 August 2015 via mobile

Sushi here was good. We were in the mood for it today and it was one of the places that was open for lunch. The Poki salad was delicious as well as the other rolls we had.

Reviewed 14 April 2015

Seem like folks either love this place or hate it. We liked it pretty well. We were a party of three on a Saturday night, so I was surprised we were seated and served as quickly as we were. The ambiance was dark and nice for a Saturday night dinner. I had a yummy Moscow Mule of some kind - Pineapple I think? To eat, I ordered a simple Salmon Nigiri - but also ordered their Salmon and Crispy Kale and it was divine. What a flavor and texture combination! Scottish salmon sashimi with fried kale on top that is dusted with garlic and salt, I believe. It all sits in a bit of chili oil and rice vinegar. I can't stop thinking about it.

My dining companions ordered Sake and some cooked rolls; they seemed happy. I couldn't really tell over the party in my mouth.