All reviews ping pong main building pacific beach bedroom cottage west wing place to stay boogie boards well maintained and clean worked great board walk third floor within walking distance bars and restaurants bed was comfortable bit dated we've stayed non smoking
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

So we got 2 hotels in SD. This one on the beach was a good deal for the location. This place is chill on the water. I would stay here again for a chill beach trip. There were quite a few eating places to and bars on the beach.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeffrey F
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

My mom and sister have stayed here multiple times and so, I took their recommendation to heart when looking for a place. The front desk staff was very pleasant and my room was clean. The location is right on the board walk and so very convenient to the beach, restaurants and grocery stores and CVS Pharmacy. They do have BBQ grills available and laundry on site.

One note of caution - the west wing is close to a pub that is very lively. I did stay over the weekend and so, the pub may not be so lively during weekdays.

The decor is very simple

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank vacationisrequired
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

We booked a room last minute at The Beach Cottages as our California plans had changed, and I’m so glad we did. The little oasis in the mecca of Pacific Beach was a place where you could be in the heart of the action but feel safe and get a restful sleep.

The hotel is so well maintained, somewhat dated but we loved that retro, nostalgic vibe. We enjoyed watching the sunset, grabbing a drink at the Baja Beach Cafe, and going downstairs early in the morning to get a freshly made cup of coffee. The little kitchenettes were helpful to store and prepare snacks and breakfast, and the grocery store was right across the street.

The only negative thing we experienced was the late nightlife around there as it can get loud but we had our fan on and it masked a lot of the noise. I will forever remember our retro phone! ... memories of my yesteryear! :))

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Hailey G
Reviewed 24 February 2018

On the beach, very secure and the right price! I have been a frequent visitor since the 1980s and I've never been disappointed. Probably been there 40-50 times over the years.

I like the north side of the hotel that faces the beach and pier.

Room Tip: there isn't a bad room in the place. All have some sort of ocean view.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank mrcarydavis
Reviewed 18 February 2018

Having stayed at the Beach Cottages for many years and being from San Diego, I can truly say the Cottages are an awesome option when looking for a beach front place in San Diego (Pacific Beach specifically). It's right on the boardwalk. The main building hotel rooms are rather simple, but they are comfortable. There is no AC. Only fans, but it's San Diego, so AC really isn't needed, especially at night. Breakfast isn't provided, but there are plenty of places around the hotel that have yummy breakfast. The grounds of the hotel are well kept, and there is space for kids to run around and have fun. There is shuffleboard and ping pong available when the beach has taken its toll. Parking is available, and the management does well to ensure only guests park in the lot. Noise isn't really an issue when staying in the hotel rooms, but some of the road side cottages can get some noise at times. The price may seem high for the hotel, but for the location and beach access, you can't really complain. Highly recommended place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family