2,279 results
All reviews full ocean view tommy bahama boogie boards sand toys beach chairs ocean front junior suite la jolla pool area hear the waves turn down service board walk crystal pier view room hot tub first floor underground parking
Reviewed 18 April 2018

My wife and I stayed here in March for a long weekend getaway. We stayed in a full ocean view junior suite, which was comfortable and suited our needs. As others have said, the location is outstanding -- in PB, just north of the pier right on the beach; walking distance to shops, restaurants, etc., but just a few blocks away and in a quiet area. I also agree with other reviewers that the staff was generally friendly and helpful. We had a few great meals out and ordered room service in, which was also good. The fridge in the room was handy because there are groceries nearby, so we stocked up on snacks and wine to enjoy on the sunny balcony in the afternoons -- the dolphins in the surf were fun to watch. There were a number of families there during spring break so the pool area was often busy, but overall the property did not feel overly crowded or noisy. We flew in and thought about renting a car (there is parking there), but it was easy to cab and rideshare anywhere we wanted to go that was not in walking distance. Overall, a very pleasant few days on the beach.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2018

This is my second time at Pacific Terrace Hotel. The front desk staff is so helpful, they always have a smile on their face and want to help you. We had a lovely ocean view room. The rooms smelled so good and the adorable towel animal on the bed was a nice touch. I would highly recommend this hotel when staying in Pacific Beach.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Recently I met my wife in San Diego after she concluded a conference. We decided to stay for 3 nights in Pacific Beach, just north of the downtown area. We chose the "PT" hotel. Great choice if I may say so.
Hotel is not very large, but large enough. We booked an Ocean view room - definitely the choice - balcony overlooks pool area and has great views of Pacific and great sounds of the surf, 24/7.
Pool area very nice. Happy hour cocktails from 4-5 pm. Staff all very friendly. Location could not have been better. Boardwalk runs directly in front of Hotel. Walking to anywhere in PB is easy. Lots of great places to eat - Kono's, fantastic breakfast/lunch items - huge helpings; JRDN at the Tower 23 hotel - very cool restaurant - great views and food. All within 2-3 minutes of walking from PT.
I highly recommend the Pacific Beach locale , and the Pacific Terrace hotel.

2  Thank Muncie_IN_JohnB
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

I love this hotel. The staff is fantastic. Everyone was so accommodating. Rooms were clean, big, and the views can’t be beat. It was my second time here and it was even better than the first time I came three years ago! I can’t wait to visit again.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TerrySPacificTerrace, Director of Digital Marketing at Pacific Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

To be noted as the Best Hotel in San Diego is a great honor! Thank you so much for your review and also thank you for being a repeat guest, we appreciate your loyalty. We hope to see you back again soon, please don't wait three years!

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed over the weekend and everything was absolutely perfect! The view was gorgeous, the food was amazing, the drinks were flowing and we were catered to every need and request. The whole staff is exceptionally on point, especially Joe who made us feel right at home and David at the front who advised our whole trip. It was truly a special weekend and many thanks to the crew. Ask for Joe:)

Trip type: Travelled with family
TerrySPacificTerrace, Director of Digital Marketing at Pacific Terrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Nicole, We are so happy to hear you had such a special weekend here at the Pacific Terrace Hotel! Thank you for mentioning our gorgeous views, amazing foods and for the great comments of David and Joe. We will pass those comments on to them. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!