Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 02/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Free cancellation until 01/05/21
FindHotel
US$195
SAVE US$18
HomewoodUS$213
Hotels.comUS$213
PricelineUS$213
All reviews social hour valet parking train tracks walking distance complimentary breakfast the breakfast area living area bedroom suite a great stay oatmeal uss midway seaport village comic con balboa park convention center dishwasher downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 November 2017

Poor arrival experience, mediocre breakfast, expensive $40. Per night valet parking. Dirty hallways and a 10 min. checkout. Stay at the Hampton down the street.
The suites were very nice and quiet with Harbor Views.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Not what we expected for the price we paid. Suite was very spacious but the cleanliness was not the greatest. VALET PARKING FEE is a must (40.00). My child forgot his toys in the room and no one bothered to call me.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Khalat T, General Manager at Homewood Suites San Diego Downtown/Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Hello JAY L,

Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate the feedback. We offer valet parking on property for $40 per night; this price is right in line with what any other hotel offers in downtown San Diego. You are welcome to find street parking, if available; we definitely do not make it a requirement that guests use our valet services. As for your son's toys, if they were left behind please call the hotel and we will be happy to retrieve them for you. If guests do not call back for items left behind, we leave them in our lost and found.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

The family was in San Diego for the Silver Strand Half Marathon and accidentally selected Homewood Suites among other options. Impressed by the environment, features, convenience, and price offered by Homewood Suites. Looking forward to the next time.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

From the moment of arrival the front desk hosts continued to show helpful enthusiasm and sunshine smiles. That was most refreshing after long drive and unprecedented heat in the 100’s. Other than meeting friends, we have our second day of stay to spend in the San Diego area. My wife wanted to maximize the efficient use of our time to see as much as possible, given the restraints of limiting outdoor time in excessive heat. Two of the Homewood Suites staff at the front desk have been exceptionally patient in providing her with answers and advice on multiple encounters. Julio and Bianca are to be commended as the most pleasant and cheerful concierge (and we have travelled a lot.)
They went out of their way to help and make our stay most enjoyable in scorching heat wave. Bianca even planned out our agenda for our day with number and order of events which we smoothly and efficiently executed.

We highly recommend Homewood Suites San Diego Hotel Circle for your consideration especially if you are on a family or couple vacation.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Stayed overnight on 10/28. I left my Clarisonic Smart Profile brush in the shower. I called in a panic. Turns out, the housekeeper either threw away or kept the brush. I was not offered an explanation other than it was unusual and they had all kinds of items in their lost & found. The housekeeping manager, Anthony, offered to refund the points of the 10/28 stay. Approximately one week later, the points were not in our account. So, I made another phone call to the Hilton site and was promised a call back. It is now 11/10 and we were told our loss was not that great and they backed out of replenishing our points (which Anthony offered, I didn't ask). The email we received today from Khalat Taha stated, "Your item unfortunately was not found. As a courtesy I have awarded you 10,000 Honors points for the inconvenience." By the way. we used about 70,000 points to stay there that evening. This is the most bizarre, if not callous, customer service I've ever been involved with. It got to the point where they stopped returning my phone call and resorted to answering my husband's persistent emails. Coming in from out of town? Folks, look to either the Westin or Marriott properties in Gaslamp. They are clean, great views, and super customer-oriented. We only stayed at this Hilton because everything else downtown was sold out and boy did we pay the price.

Date of stay: October 2017