“Nice Coffee, Beautiful Location, Opens too Late on Weekends”
Review of Copa Vida

Copa Vida
Ranked #23 of 237 Coffee & Tea in San Diego
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We were stating in the Gaslamp districts for two nights. I was up early looking for a great coffee. Starbucks was next to our hotel (Hilton Gaslamp) however I will walk a mile for a great coffee. We had a rental car, however I prefer to walk for coffee in the morning when not at home.

The walk was exceptional thru Petco Field, what a beautiful addition to the city. I was impressed how the gates were open and one could walk thru the park like setting.

Immediately outside the gates I round Copa Vida. I read about it on TripAdvisor. I found it as stated on TA.

This is a coffee shop where the baristas understand coffee. I purchased a skim latte and a cup of coffee w a splash of almond milk for my wife. It was glorious, well worth the walk.

On Saturday morning we were driving back to LA at 6:00 AM. Copa Vida does not open until 8:00 AM. Why?? This is the most ridiculous thing I have heard. Unfortunately I had to go to Starbucks. What a disappointment.

I would return again. The people exceptionally nice, engaged and the coffee as I said glorious.

I hope this post will encourage Copa Vida to open earlier. Perhaps it’s absolutely dead in the Gaslamp district on weekend mornings?

Well worth the trip.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We had a few larger breakfasts during our trip and wanted a change to a more UK style b-fast. Copa Vida is a trendy coffee shop offering a good selection of drinks and food. I had the Toast & Jam which, sounds pretty basic, but it was awesome (home made almond butter with jam & blueberries)

Reviewed 17 September 2017

This is a basic, "no frills" establishment but a MORE than adequate alternative to a national chain coffeehouse. I am a coffee lover and love to visit local coffeehouses in different cites. The coffee was very good. The french toast was decent, nothing special but certainly acceptable. Quite extensive food and coffee offerings for a small, local place. No "hipster" vibe which is nice for those of us who are middle-aged. Great little place and would visit again if in San Diego.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Went there on a sunny afternoon with my friend to enjoy some coffee & tea. Indeed, the drinks were fabulous, but more than that, the staff was extremely friendly! Upon realizing that my friend lost her phone, they immediately gave us their phone and let us use it for the next two hours. They even let us stay in their place after official opening hours. Totally recommended!

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Must say the best Lavender Latte I ever had. The Lavender syrup is a house made product. And the staff & the barista are so kind. They offered me a house made Kombucha "healthy fermented tea" that was my first time & was so refreshing.

Can't wait to visit SD again and definitely have Copa Vida coffee.

Xoxo