Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
SpringHill Suites
FindHotelUS$148
Expedia.comUS$148
Hotels.comUS$148
HurbUS$174
All reviews parking fee indoor skydiving separate toilet and shower front desk frosted glass breakfast staff mini fridge and microwave road noise outstanding staff fresh fruit oatmeal breakfast area free breakfast outdoor pool enjoyed my stay fitness center checking in
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 January 2021 via mobile

It’s the time of Covid and things are not normal by any means. While I’m Covid negative, there was an issue with some folks so most of us are working from home or a hotel close to the office.

Plain and simple...
Everything about the Springhill Suites Mission Valley meets or exceeds all expectations.

Location is great. Check in was quick and efficient. The rooms are very nice and big enough to feel very comfortable.

On one night, there was an interaction with another guest that I had to report to the front desk and Amber and her teammate (I cannot remember his name) were stellar. Totally professional and caring. True examples of outstanding employees.

When I met the room attendants in the hall, there was always a nice greeting and whenever I needed anything it seemed liked they really liked seeing me taken care of.

Nice touches in the room are the small nightlights in the lavatory and shower area and the reading lights above the bed. Also, the sliding window on the back of the desk is appreciated as it let me see outside whilst working. Well done!

I travel about four months out of the year (well, not so much this past year) and stay in hotels around the globe. In my honest opinion this hotel is the place to stay in San Diego. Obviously the managers do a great job imbuing service into the minds and hearts of the entire team.

In fact, there is only one - and it’s the smallest of nit picks- to note. I would have liked to see some USB ports on the wall or lamps. So, there you have it.

A 99.9% flawless rating and I cannot remember the last time I gave that to any property. Stay here. It’s worth it.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank randallblaum
Corey Hamlin, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2021

Dear randallblaum,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback on your stay with us. I am very pleased to have had the opportunity to speak with you in person before you left to acknowledge this review. The hotel can only operate as well as the staff that works there, and I can honestly share that I am immensely pleased to be able to work with such a wonderful group of people. The team members you mentioned in your review, Amber and Dan, are both examples of employees who try to make a positive impact in each and every opportunity. Your interaction with them is just a small picture of that energy. COVID has been tough on everyone, and despite the reduction in travelers over the past year, we know how much an impact our efforts and attention to detail matters to make our guests feel welcomed and safe. We will continue to provide this service and be the best that hospitality can offer. Please come back and visit when your travels find you in San Diego.

Reviewed 29 November 2020 via mobile

The hotel is well located and fairly priced. However , out of a 4 day stay, we missed 4 turndown services. It is the first time I've ever experienced a hotel that does its turndowns after 3 pm. Horrible service as the situation continued even after I brought it up with the front desk!
Will recommend other neerby options.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank javiergM1422LX
Corey Hamlin, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2020

Hello Javier,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review with us. I am happy to read that both our location and pricing were highlights to your time with us. It definitely means a lot, especially during these trying times. With regards to your housekeeping service, that is something that has been suspended due to COVID-19. As a means of preventing as much contact as possible between our staff and our guests, we have reduced daily housekeeping service to linen exchange and trash removal. These is something that should be explained at the time of check in, through information that is displayed on our website during the booking process and after the e-mail confirmation, as well as via a QR code which is displayed at the front desk. I apologize if this communication was lost during any of these opportunities. I will use your experience as training opportunity with my staff to ensure we are meeting the expectations of our guests and communicating everything thoroughly. We do appreciate the opportunity to serve you and wish you all the best in your future travels. Please be safe in the mean time.

Reviewed 27 November 2020

We were in town for a conference, I booked 4 rooms under my name. This hotel is a solid option if you looking for hotel to stay. I have not issue with the breakfast or the room. In Fact the rooms are very nice.

The good:
- Room is large. with nice sized living room area and larger than normal closet.
- The breakfast is have decent options
- breakfast area also have lots of space
- There is a nice decent size Starbucks next door too

The issue I had was with the hotel not willing to be flexible.
- My flight landed in LA late and hit traffic on my drive to San Diego, however one of my travel mate was able to get direct flight to San Diego so arrived at the hotel early around 2 pm. Knowing Marriott hotels that I am allowed to complete the check in process on the app and therefore skip physical check-in at the front desk, so I went ahead and did that.

- After completed the check-in with the app, I messaged that hotel and let them know i have a guest that need access to the room and ask them for assistance, I have done this once or twice at other hotel locations. I provided the hotel with the guest's name.
- However, no matter how I explained it the Manager on duty, he just refuse to let my guest into one of the 4 room I booked. He travel from London to San Diego and just want to rest.....however even after phone call and more, they just refuse to issue him a key. Therefore my friend had to wait in the hotel lobby for 7 hours until I arrived to show them my ID and credit card. Which is the issue, they need a physical card, why have an online check-in ability if you still need the physical card? Even without the physical card they can charge my card for one night if I am a no show. I just don't understand the logic.

- To me this is so unnecessary and really bad customer service. When I expressed my unhappiness all the manager try to do was explain to me the policy of the hotel. He cared more about the policy of the hotel and how hotel might not get paid, and therefore is willing to let a guest wait for 7 hours in his lobby.

I ended the conversation when he finally said "ok what can I give you to make this better".... to me I was not out to get some free things... so I just said " I am not sure so I think he offered me free parking." We were at this hotel for 4/5 nights .... not even once did someone from the hotel to come and check in on us to make sure our stay was good. They didn't even send a simple gesture to show they cared about what happened. With over 500 nights stayed at Marriott hotel, I know this is not proper customer service.

I would not stay here again because of the experience. There are so many hotel options in the area.

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank SGO007

Dear SGO007,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your experience here at our property. I apologize in advance, as this is the first I have heard of this situation and its possible that due to the holiday, there has been much time that has passed since your initial experience. I intend to research this further and see if there is anything we could have done differently on our end to assist you and your colleagues better. It is not in our business nature to just shut someone down with a "No" versus looking into a possible solution that could provide a mutual resolution. For that oversight, I apologize. Please understand that we have the best intentions when it comes to our guests privacy and security, and a lot of the practices we employ on property are with those intentions. We truly appreciate the opportunity to serve you and apologize for the inconvenience you and your team endured during this visit. If you wish to discuss the circumstances further, please feel free to reach out to me. I wish you all safe travels in the mean time.

Reviewed 16 June 2020

After having a nightmare of a stay and an other hotel nearby, we called and spoke with “Sam” explained our situation and he more than took care of us. His customer service was amazing, friendly. We felt like he rolled out the red carpet for us. Turned out he actually took care of four families that were in town with us for a funeral. All of the staff has been than friendly. We are in San Diego at least once a year and this is our new place to stay.

Date of stay: June 2020

Dear Dnr2004,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We are so appreciative to be recognized for our efforts to provide you with the redemptive experience and right all the wrongs from the other hotel you stayed at. We are proud of Sam, and his efforts to ensure you were taken care of whilst our guest. We know that travel is reduced for everyone, but hope to see you that next time you visit San Diego. We wish you safety in your journey.

Reviewed 1 April 2020

Though it is situated away from downtown San Diego, this hotel is conveniently located near public transportation if, like us, you decide to leave your auto at home. We used Uber or walked the few blocks to the San Diego Trolley light rail. This connected us to most major tourist attractions, as well as to Old Town Trolley which provides a hop-on-hop-off experience complete with a tour guide. There is a Starbucks next door, and other restaurant options are located within walking distance. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful, especially Linda at the front desk. Breakfast was good, though there were surprisingly limited fruit selections, given the California location of this hotel. The room itself was basically a large rectangle, with a lightly frosted glass wall separating the seating area from the beds. The small separate toilet and shower rooms use similar see-through frosted glass doors hanging loosely on a sliding rail. These are in fact more like windows than doors, and afford virtually no privacy to anyone using those facilities. You will definitely get to know your traveling companions! While our preference is for a more traditional room or suite set-up, this hotel is otherwise not a bad choice for a clean convenient San Diego stay.

Date of stay: February 2020
Corey H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2020

Dear verzeihung,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your detailed description of the hotels offerings with focus on the local area, transportation options and immediate dining availability. I am always pleased to hear about the positive experience you has with our desk associate Linda. She has actually worked here since we opened in March of 2016, and has been a wonderful employee since. Thank you again for your visit and review. We hope to have a chance to serve you again in the near future. Please take care until then.