“Fantastic Dive - Do not let the looks fool you, this place has it.”
Review of Rooster's BBQ - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Description: 870 741 5888
Description: 870 741 5888
Reviewed 30 July 2015

So to start this place is a restaurant with a print shop and realty company run out of it. Needless to say I was scared as to what type of food I would be getting. It was me and my 4 kids and we were feeling brave so we tried it.

I had the brisket with Potato salad and baked beans. It comes without sauce and by itself was tender and juicy shreds of meat. However When I added Roosters homemade BBQ(which is different than anything I have had before) Good became fabulous. The beans were good, while not overboard with flavor. The Potato salad was the shining star however. It was thick and creamy with a hint of cream cheese. The only problem was there was not enough of my potato salad to go around. The kids kept stealing fork fulls every chance they could get.

The kids all got a pulled pork sandwich combo which they loved with potato wedges and one brown bean order. They all loved it. We went through 3/4's bottle of their BBQ and should have brought the rest home somehow.

Without a doubt worth a drive to try this place out. A little hint for anyone trying this place. Make sure everyone gets their own POTATO SALAD or those who do have it will find it gone early.

Date of visit: July 2015
1  Thank Cory J

Reviewed 8 June 2015 via mobile

Don't. Just don't. I'm not sure how they are still open? Dry, flavorless meat, terrible sauce... If I have to say something nice then the potato salad isn't bad. Also we attempted to try this place before and they didn't seem to be open, ever. They must have weird hours?

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed 1 June 2015 via mobile

Dry. Overpriced. Nothing special about anything. Gave this establishment several chances to "woo" me. Just not there.

Sorry.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed 31 March 2015 via mobile

We stopped early afternoon after hiking the Buffalo River trail system and had the restaurant all to ourselves. The tables had vinyl red and white checkered table clothes. The walls were decorated with razorback memorabilia. The pulled pork was good. On the table was a bottle of their sweet barbecue sauce. It was ok. I did not ask for the spicy and regret that. The potato salad was nice and creamy. The green beans had chunks of bacon and both were sweet. Serving size was ample. While discussing our hike we were given a complimentary cheese dip with chips. We both find the dip rather strange, chicken cheese flavor. Service was good and timely. Good barbecue, yes but I have had better.

Reviewed 4 March 2015

Effective 01/01/2014 our hours were changed. We are open Monday through Friday, 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM.

Date of visit: March 2015