All reviewsfront deskone bedroom suitestrip mallthe living room areawest siderestaurants within walking distancecomfortable bedoatmealcheck in was easyvery nice hotela great staybreakfast barfitness centerconvenient locationfree breakfastpropertycurtis
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Stayed here while driving cross-country. Location is average behind a strip mall, but it was just a couple of minutes off of 470 and close to a ton of restaurants and shopping. Front desk was very friendly. Our 2-room suite was typical new Residence Inn--very clean and comfortable. The fitness center was average sized, but this is one of the very few I have stayed in where they understand that these rooms get hot! The temperature was lower and they had fans! Awesome! There was a free BBQ sandwich dinner, so we enjoyed that. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool. We had packed cars with bikes on racks, and nothing happened--so safe at least on this visit. Breakfast in the morning was the usual, but as with dinner, very good service. All-in-all, a great stay with great service!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Good location and nice facility. Carpet in the hallway has seen better days.

Very nice breakfast staff and good food. Not a wide selection but good choices -- better than another RI we stayed at on this trip.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Ret48
Reviewed 5 July 2017

My room was clean, cool, and cozy. Staff made me feel they were glad I was there. Pamela and Curtis bent over backwards to accommodate my requests with courtesy and humor. Hotel is surrounded by everything--stores, restaurants, museums.

Room Tip: Check out room before you lug your luggage. If you're satisfied, then bring in your luggage.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2017

The parking is ridiculous! The was a clunker of a car that was parked in the lot, nobody was tending to it, nor was the manager having it towed off premises. The lighting was null and they have no cameras poisoned outside to the parking lot areas. I'm only writing this because my family stopped there on our way to the East coast. We stopped for 2 days to visit my mother-in-law. The first night our truck was stolen, which I find hard to believe that nobody saw nor heard a Damon thing! Evidently the daytime manager called the girl that was on the night shift (the night before) and told her there was a vehicle stolen on her shift. She guessed right off the bat which vehicle it was. Is it a coincidence? I don't think so. So, if you're going through Topeka with valuables, I suggest going 40-50 miles outside of the city limit, because,evidently the crime there is horrible and the cops really don't give a shot. Make sure you don't become a victim. My husband and I are both retired military and this happened on Memorial Day.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Topeka, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Dear P8onmadlyn17,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Residence Inn Topeka. Once again, we are truly sorry that the irresponsible actions of others led to a negative experience. I can't imagine the frustration and shock that you must have endured. This situation was addressed with our staff to ensure we are doubling down our efforts of monitoring our property, especially in the night hours. I do hope that if you ever find yourself back in the area, we will have a chance to show you this was an isolated incident.

Colleen L.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Stayed two nights, check in was easy, room was nice, beds were great. Breakfast was really good. Used the Pool and Jacuzzi. Tons of places to eat and shop close by. Quiet rooms. Short drive to Heartland Park.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family