All reviews great holiday front desk room was clean touch screen hotel is conveniently located the breakfast area would definitely stay here again oatmeal road trip the hotel staff parking lot shower head free breakfast an older hotel staff was very friendly up to date hie
Reviewed 2 October 2017

The décor is fresh and open. The staff greeted us promptly and the check-in process was fast. Normally, the staff has a "script" they follow and with a passing courtesy smile you are on your way; however, this staff actually spoke to us...not at us. They asked about our time there, and could they recommend anything? The room was clean and cool. We used the hot tub and pool. Both were fine. The free breakfast was good and consistent with most Holiday Inn's. It was nice to see the staff keeping the tables cleaned and food stocked as the rate of people rise over time.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Kelli C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Wendi,
Thank you for the awesome feedback. I am very proud to hear that our front desk staff greeted you promptly and also focused on your individual visit upon arrival. Our property definitely is focused on a personal approach. We realize that everyone's travel needs are different and we hope to be as accommodating as possible during your stay. I will be sure to share your feedback and acknowledgment with our team. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

From the parking lot, the hotel looks well kept and modern. It has a single elevator.
Front desk service was very good. Free parking, newspaper (USA Today and a local Topeka one), breakfast, and WIFI.
The room was very clean. It had a wall-mounted large LCD HDTV with adjustable angles. AC outlets were easy to get to, for computer and cell phone charging.
The shower head angle was non-adjustable. Water pressure and temperature was adequate. I could hear some sound behind the walls when hot water was turned on.
Breakfast (with hot food items) started at 6:30 AM, but it was ready ahead of time that day. It would suggest starting breakfast at 6:00 AM instead.

Room tip: Stay at upper floors and away from elevator.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you found good service from our front desk staff upon your arrival. Also I am happy to hear that the extra outlets and wall mounted TVs were a plus during your stay. We do try to regularly have our complimentary breakfast out a half an hour earlier than scheduled for our early bird guests. Thank you again for the great feedback and we hope to see you again soon during future travels.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

After a disastrous attempt to stay at the Ramada, we left that hotel and I called around and got Cody, the third shift desk clerk, around 11:30 pm and asked if he had a room for three adults. He said he did and I asked if he would hold it for the five minutes it would take to get there. He said he would.

We arrived and Cody was very accommodating and checked us in. I told him about our previous experience with an unclean room earlier that evening and he told me that if the room was not up to my specifications, he would come clean it himself.

The room was immaculate and after having been on the road for 15 hours, the shower was great and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was a step above the average hotel breakfast.

Cody deserves an award for taking care of us.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Kelli C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Johnny H,
Thank you for a wonderful review. I am very pleased to hear that our night auditor for the front desk, Cody, was able to book your reservation and make you feel comfortable during your short stay in Topeka. I ensure your recognition of him does not go unnoticed. We also appreciate the feedback on the cleanliness of your guestroom. Our executive housekeeper has been with our property since the day the hotel opened. We hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you stop in Topeka. Thank you again for the awesome feedback!

Holiday Inn Express
901 SW Robinson Ave
Topeka, KS

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Mostly comparable to other Holiday Inn Express locations. Convenient location and rooms were clean. Our rooms did smell a little musty. Staff was very friendly, particularly with a late night arrival.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express West in Topeka. I am glad you found a clean guestroom, our location to be convenient and the staff to be friendly. I apologize for any maintenance issues and I assure you we are looking in to this. Thank you again for the honest feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites West Topeka, KS
901 SW Robinson Ave

Reviewed 3 July 2017

You usually get just what you expect at a HIE. The breakfast is predictable and good. The beds are generally comfortable and clean. The rooms have enough space, etc. The pool was clean (a bit small in this HIE, but clean). This was no different in that respect. There were only a couple disappointments. First, the Wi-Fi was slow. Also, the shower was "rickety" and needed an update in our room. I also kept being woken at night by the sound of the traffic on the freeway (the hotel is right next to the on and off ramps to I-70). I would suggest staying on the east side of the hotel if given a chance. We were on the west. Otherwise, the staff was pleasant.

Room tip: Stay on the east side (further from the freeway)
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Kelli C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Dear Brian,
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express West I-70 while visiting Topeka. I am happy to hear that we were able to deliver the consistent service you have grown to expect from IHG properties in reference to the beds, breakfast and pool. I would like to apologize for any issues with the water pressure in the shower. We will be sure to have maintenance staff look in to this today. I have also noted to your individual guest profile that you prefer a room on the opposite side of the building. Thank you again for an honest review. We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Assistant General Manager